The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FI: NEW A7r for $199

It's on a couple of the big 'deal' sites now (SlickDeals and FatWallet), which seems to have bogged down the Sony site. Interesting to watch.

Malina DZ

Someone at Sony will get fired for these "deals". Marketing department couldn't be happier though for this market probe and collected potential customers' info.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Be cool if the email came and said. We screwed up but guess what if you will go 499.00 done deal now that would be a first

A7r is no longer listed on the Sony store site.
at all... announcements must be imminent!

btw, it's cold and wet in Chicago... so I made this protest photo of some clipped azalea blooms in front of my dining room window. A7r / Arca Universalis / 'Blad 50mm CFi

Annna T

I got it in very early on Paypal.
I'm quite sure they'll pull the plug but I have to say I'm surprised it's taken this long.:eek:
When everything is managed through computer they may not notice : one employee check a list of what was ordered and paid and has a green light for shipping, then check it is in stock and receive the item to pack.. It may go unnoticed because it has been paid and everything seems OK. The critical work is when the first employee put the item up on the store. If things aren't double checked.. Some can be lucky !! That's the result of dividing the different tasks between several low qualified employees, none of them having a complete view of the transaction.

I got a Panasonic G3 30% cheaper on a similar occasion : every other online store was selling it well above 800 and I got it for 500 with the 14-42mm kit lens included. It was just issued, so no special action at all. Two days after they had corrected the price. I was expecting a mail announcing the error, but it never came and I received the camera instead.

It's official that they will cancel all of the error orders. I called them this morning and they said so on their automated response. This happened on Sunday so Sony had plenty of time to rectify this. I couldn't even get to a rep yesterday. On similar note, I also ordered a Sony 500/4 for $1300, and it got cancelled this morning. It was the best selling lens on Amazon yesterday :D.

The Ute

It's official that they will cancel all of the error orders. I called them this morning and they said so on their automated response. This happened on Sunday so Sony had plenty of time to rectify this. I couldn't even get to a rep yesterday. On similar note, I also ordered a Sony 500/4 for $1300, and it got cancelled this morning. It was the best selling lens on Amazon yesterday :D.
Mine still isn't cancelled.