Site Sponsors

Thread: A7 II Memory Banks

Post Thanks / Like

A7 II Memory Banks

I would like to memorize one shooting configuration which includes the option "AF with Shutter set to off" but apparently this option is not registered in the memory bank and the camera will always use the last used setting.
    Am I doing something wrong or this is how it is supposed to work?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7 II Memory Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Ario Arioldi View Post
    I would like to memorize one shooting configuration which includes the option "AF with Shutter set to off" but apparently this option is not registered in the memory bank and the camera will always use the last used setting.
    Am I doing something wrong or this is how it is supposed to work?
    Thanks.
    If there is a way, I would be glad to know : my usual setting is AF with the back button and light metering lock with a half shutter pressure. However if you want to use the Sony apps, like the remote or the timelapse, the camera won't allow focusing with the back button. So I have tried to memorize a series of settings I'm using under these circontancies, but like you, I didn't find any solution avoiding me to dig in the menu. Duhh.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A7 II Memory Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    If there is a way, I would be glad to know : my usual setting is AF with the back button and light metering lock with a half shutter pressure. However if you want to use the Sony apps, like the remote or the timelapse, the camera won't allow focusing with the back button. So I have tried to memorize a series of settings I'm using under these circontancies, but like you, I didn't find any solution avoiding me to dig in the menu. Duhh.
    I am afraid it is an hopeless research.
    I went through the crazy help manual and what I found is that the items which can be registered are only the following:

Shooting mode
    Aperture (F number)
    Shutter speed
    Camera Settings

The AF with/without shutter button is not in any of the above.