The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Way to turn off auto lcd activation?

Tony

I just bought the A7s and I discovered a little issue that I find annoying. It seems there are only 3 options for viewing the menu or image playback.

1. Turn the LCD off and use just the viewfinder
2. Turn the LCD on and use only the LCD
3. Turn on Auto Eye sensor where the LCD and viewfinder go on and off automatically

I was hoping there would be a way to make it more like every other DSLR I have ever used and allow the LCD to be turned off except for when I select the menu button or image preview. I find the auto LCD distracting and the other options to be a bit of a joke for my style of shooting. Working the menu and all the buttons while looking thru a viewfinder leaves me at a loss for words.

Tony

One option is to assign one of the custom buttons to the 'deactivate monitor' function. It doesn't completely turn it off (the exposure info is still shown), but it might be close to what you're after.

Tony

One option is to assign one of the custom buttons to the 'deactivate monitor' function. It doesn't completely turn it off (the exposure info is still shown), but it might be close to what you're after.
Thanks Mike. That sounds like it might work for me. I quess battery life will suffer but that's ok without an alternative.