The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII game plan

V

Vivek

Of course, if it is "just" about taking better photographs, I bet what you have now is on a par with what you had 7 or 8 years ago. Maybe more. However, we all get caught up in it because it is easier to buy new equipment than it is to actually make better photographs.
Yes. There is a paradigm shift in the perception (in me). Gear is irrelevant. :)

I have only one body right now, and this A7RII would complement nicely to my A7s as the hi-res companion. Not that I need a hi-res cam, but a second body would make sense. And I don't see myself getting another body for another 3-5 years :D.

DBR403

The A7II hit a sweet spot for me and I my just go with another one ... For my work I found the Nikon D810 bogged down my Photomechanic CS6 (NIK plugs) work flow, the 24mp are super quick. I'm interested in what happens with a possible A7sII as well. Sony- If your looking in I want a FE300f4

stephen.s1

Couldn't resist. Bunch of Leica M lenses off to B&H. Order will be in for the A7RII.

First lens will be the Sony Distagon T FE 35mm F/1.4. If all is as good as I hope, my bunch of micro 4/3 gear will go bye-bye. The D4s & company will never go.

I feel like a damned kid!

markymarkrb

Guy, I am with you on this one. I too had to sell all of my medium format equipment. I am looking for a half replacement with this camera to shoot panoramas and this camera definitely looks promising. Probably taking your lead and going for the A7RII with the Canon 24 TSE. I used the 17TSE but it seemed to have quite a bit of distortion in the corners. Was this your experience?

Mark

Mark Benson Reeder Fine Art Photography

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The 17mm TDSE was nice bad part there really are no set corrections for it because of the Shift and Tilt. The 24 TSE the 35 1.4 are best in class. You can't go wrong. Looking like the Batis 25 to and maybe the 85 have to see.

My 16-35 was a whisker from the 17mm TSE. Yea I have a nice copy on the wide side

markymarkrb

Great info. I still dream of a true panoramic digital sensor/camera. In the mean time, I wouldn't mind a few FE tilt shift lenses. I wonder if that is even a thought for Sony.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sony should sell these cameras as subscriptions. They could even include an app that automatically posts the same good reasons for why an upgrade is urgent an necessary on relevant forums in the name of all subscribers :ROTFL:

UHDR

Great info. I still dream of a true panoramic digital sensor/camera. In the mean time, I wouldn't mind a few FE tilt shift lenses. I wonder if that is even a thought for Sony.
interestingly there is a chinese company that is developing a FF 15mm shift (may have tilt in final version), but it's still in development last time i looked at it. i think it cost similar to samyang 24mm TS.

AlexLF

I'm sold :) I actually sold Nikon 800e already and the lenses are going too. The reason I always wanted 2 bodies but Nikon kit with 2 bodies and lenses is very heavy for landscape/travel work.

So... I'm going after A7r II and wide angle lenses first, then some mid-range. Batis 25 first but can't decide for others yet.

As a side note, one of the reasons why I'd go for a switch is my a6000 which I use for everyday shots. AF is great - fast and pretty accurate! (the battery is weak though).

V

Vivek

Sony should sell these cameras as subscriptions. They could even include an app that automatically posts the same good reasons for why an upgrade is urgent an necessary on relevant forums in the name of all subscribers :ROTFL:
Brilliant! :clap:

I will sign up for a lease plan as long as it involves only the cameras. :)

V

Vivek

I am working on that (blue label), studying the world map, to find the place that would hand craft it for me for the least amount of euro cents (must add that there will be no compromise in standards- the ones to be set by me that is). So, no. ;)

eleanorbrown

Glad to hear this Guy. As I sit typing this I'm waiting for a knock on my door with this lens delivery, for my future A7rII! Can't wait to try it out on my current A7r! Eleanor

The 35mm 1.4 will just spoil ya. Maybe the best 35mm I ever owned and i owned them all trust me. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The lens hood is a little stupid but I think all of them are which are supplied. I use metal screw in hoods off ebay that are cheap0 and no front lens caps. Been doing this for years and never damaged a front element. Yea I still use canned air too on my sensors. I live in the wild wild west. LOL

V

Vivek

I would want and like to have it for my A7/A7r/A7s.
(Also for my NEx5N, 6&7)
Hurry up!

mazor

hmm, does the nex5n, 6 and 7 use the lossy compression though? Correct me if I am wrong but I suspect those models may use a different compression algorithm since it captures 12 bit and not 14bit like the a7 series cameras.

V

Vivek

hmm, does the nex5n, 6 and 7 use the lossy compression though? Correct me if I am wrong but I suspect those models may use a different compression algorithm since it captures 12 bit and not 14bit like the a7 series cameras.
I am beginning to suspect that it is not the lossy that may be the culprit in most cases (jaggies, for example). It could be the dichroic dust shaker that is in place.