The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII game plan

dandrewk

Well not much longer it seems : the next update will be the last for PSCS6 users. After that, you will need to use Adobe Dng Converter and you won't be able to get lens profiles : http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6136681022/adobe-announces-final-camera-raw-update-for-cs6-owners

rrr_hhh
It should be noted that CS6 does not include Lightroom, so new lenses/cameras will still be supported in LR. If you have the LR/PS combo, you still will get the latest/greatest. AFAIK, this only affect ACR.

You may even be able to get newer profiles into CS6 if you can find where the profile files are stored on your computer. This is the way I've done it in the past when Adobe releases new profiles to ACR but haven't yet updated LR.

dandrewk

I've been toying with the idea of going back to LR exclusively with DXO Optics 10 in the workflow after being nearly C1P8 exclusive for the last few months. To be honest I gotta say the results in IQ using this combo beat C1P8 except when the need to tether comes into play.
This is what I've been doing for several months. I started using DxO OP when version 10 came out, exclusively for their excellent noise reduction. Then I noticed the profiles looked a lot better, so now (sharpness critical) images are first profiled in DxO and then exported back to LR as a DNG file, even if noise reduction isn't required.

My current, convoluted workflow - import to LR for selects. Export to DxO for profiles and NR (as needed). Export back to LR. Add color profiles and tonal adjustments, crop if needed. I then export image w/adjustments to OnOne's Perfect Suite for their jaw-dropping dynamic contrast filter, and (if needed) portrait touchups and/or context sensitive erasing (every bit as good as PS). Export back to LR for final adjustments, key wording and GPS loc.

iiiNelson

This is what I've been doing for several months. I started using DxO OP when version 10 came out, exclusively for their excellent noise reduction. Then I noticed the profiles looked a lot better, so now (sharpness critical) images are first profiled in DxO and then exported back to LR as a DNG file, even if noise reduction isn't required.

My current, convoluted workflow - import to LR for selects. Export to DxO for profiles and NR (as needed). Export back to LR. Add color profiles and tonal adjustments, crop if needed. I then export image w/adjustments to OnOne's Perfect Suite for their jaw-dropping dynamic contrast filter, and (if needed) portrait touchups and/or context sensitive erasing (every bit as good as PS). Export back to LR for final adjustments, key wording and GPS loc.
I started using DXO Optics with version 9.5 when it was on sale and they added the native LR plugin. I liked it then but it was significantly slower in operation than DXO Optics 10 (and most other RAW Processors for that matter.) I agree that their lens corrections are significantly better than the LR ones, the processing engine and tools are very slick as well. I did put in my lens profile requests for the Batis lenses when I first bought them so hopefully they will be included in the next update.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well it's Monday the 3rd. Do you know where your A7rII is. Lol

Most of us get these this week , so this begs the question. What are you doing next weekend. I have everything in place as far as to gear up except the Batis 25 but I'm trying to figure out where to go to shoot next weekend. I can't handle the heat here and after driving across country. There where some places I like to go back but I'm thinking going North for the weekend. I would love to pull together a mini weekend meet up place. So what's everyone's shooting game plan

Jim DE

Guy per Sony mine should ship tomorrow and arrive Wed.. I have a 100 gun collection at work that arrived last week to photograph so bagging the rest of the week and playing with the new camera is not possible. The good thing is the wife has plans Saturday with her bible study group outing so I am totally free that day. I am sure I will either travel east to the Jersey beaches, south to the MD NWR beaches or North into the Amish country around Lancaster to give this new body a ringing out.

You know I have some local scenic areas that will get shot Wed when it arrives. I got a new bag all set up and waiting for it and though I luv my Lab a scenic beats a pet pic hands down for a test shoot ;)

Have fun out West as I surely will on the East coast with this new tool.

Just checked the weather .. T storms Thu and Fri .. Partly sunny Sat... Sounds like a plan! ;)

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I have a standard subject I used to shoot to compare systems at a castle near office. So I guess a new test shot there.

I will also go to another place where I used to see a lot of aliasing. And I will shoot some test charts.

The lenses I will use are the Canon 24/3.5 TSE and new Sony FE 90/2.8 macro, a n older 50/1.4 Minolta lens and 24-70/2.8 ZA lens.

I will shoot it in parallell with my Hasselblad V/P45+ gear.

Best regards
Erik

Well it's Monday the 3rd. Do you know where your A7rII is. Lol

Most of us get these this week , so this begs the question. What are you doing next weekend. I have everything in place as far as to gear up except the Batis 25 but I'm trying to figure out where to go to shoot next weekend. I can't handle the heat here and after driving across country. There where some places I like to go back but I'm thinking going North for the weekend. I would love to pull together a mini weekend meet up place. So what's everyone's shooting game plan

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well the heat factor here in Pheonix is about 112 the next couple days. I'm going to head to Flagstaff this weekend and go play. It's about 80 or so up there. Elevation is close to 7k