Thread: Pre Order

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre Order

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    K-H
    Honesty combined with GAS.
    Hi Lou.

It's simply great technology development by Sony and their partners.
    I would like to find out for myself whether it actually works.
    No GAS though! Just interest in technology.

You mean that new technology can also take better pictures?
    That seems an added bonus, most welcome indeed if true!

BTW, I never believed B&H's promised delivery data of late July.
    Amazon from the beginning said late August. That's just fine with me.
    So hopefully some folks get the A7RII a little earlier and let the rest of us know what they find; the good, the bad, and the ugly - if necessary!
    It seems fairly easy to cancel an order with Amazon. So far I never had to.
    I had to send back once one disk drive though that was DOA. A painless affair!
    With best regards, K-H.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    You mean that new technology can also take better pictures?
    !
    K-H
    I never intimated that new technology can help you take better pictures. I will say that new technology will help you drain your bank account faster than normal.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon has now posted August 10 as the estimated delivery date.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Amazon has now posted August 10 as the estimated delivery date.
    Sony's European site is now showing July 28 as ship date.

At this point, I expect the camera to show up any minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a call and the Sony Store USA has them back in stock for pre order..... Shipping date will be 8/4/15. Mine is coming free next day shipping and got a vertical grip and 2 batteries for it being delivered Wed.

If you use their customer service when ordering you get 15% in free accessories just a FYI... 15% of $3199.99 is a significant savings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen post's where Sony NZ, Sony Europe, and Sony UK have sent notice of a delay in their estimated pre-order shipping dates. Has anyone in the USA gotten a Dear John letter from a retailer as of yet?

I had to call the Sony Store on another item the other day and whuile I had a CS on the line I asked them to check to see if the best. ship date had been changed and they reaffirmed the Aug 4th est. ship date. But, we all know CS reps and the info they are given from the main company can change in a second.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

shutter sound comparison: A7RII v A7R

Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some lucky UK pre-order customers have their a7rII's today..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Was this reported? I can't find any news/updates.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

that'll be batch #0 ...
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has arrived at my dealers in London but unfortunately am away and can't pick it up till middle of next week so some have come through to UK stockists

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mine should arrive tomorrow, it has already been despatched by Wex Photographic.
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    Mine should arrive tomorrow, it has already been despatched by Wex Photographic.
    Excellent news ! You may now start a new "fun with" thread ...

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Excellent news ! You may now start a new "fun with" thread ...

Kind regards.
    You're assuming I will have fun with it .
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    You're assuming I will have fun with it .
    Of course you will ! Or else I'll make you a low-ball offer and you can send it to me !

Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw - I've sent Sony Online Shop a 'crocodile tears laden ' reply yesterday.
    I wonder if they're going to respond ...

All the best.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

If you use their customer service when ordering you get 15% in free accessories just a FYI... 15% of $3199.99 is a significant savings.
    That's pretty nice. However I suspect that the stores that retail this camera are not thrilled by this.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my order with B&H and going thru the Sony store.
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like

Btw - I've sent Sony Online Shop a 'crocodile tears laden ' reply yesterday.
    I wonder if they're going to respond ...

All the best.

Keep us updated.
    I find difficult to understand why deliveries are starting and customers are left behind, they scheduled delivery posponed.
    Thinking of cancelling my order if Sony agrees, it will be easy to get one when things settle and we have some reviews.
    Kind regards

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biglou View Post
    Keep us updated.
    I find difficult to understand why deliveries are starting and customers are left behind, they scheduled delivery posponed.
    Thinking of cancelling my order if Sony agrees, it will be easy to get one when things settle and we have some reviews.
    Kind regards
    No reaction from Sony yet ...
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No reaction from Sony yet ...
    I talked to Sony online store rep on phone on thursday; I was originally scheduled to have my delivery on 28th and they decided to postpone it to "mid august" without exact date by just sending me email. They told me that all "nordic countries" (I live in Finland) have been postponed to "mid august". Yet they thought it was convenient to advertize the availability on July 28th (same as all european countiries), charge my credit card on June 19th and now they just decide to deliver whenever they please because I live up here in north. "It is all in terms and conditions" the lady on the phone said and added sincere apologies like "if you buy out of country you are gonna have issues with warranty"...

All or at least most the Sony webstore European deliveries originate from same warehouse which is in Nederlands so this is quite the BS. I'd have to quess they are closing the webstore in Europe too, with this type of customer service they would do zero business anyway.

The problem is I already let go of my A6000 so I'm quite likely to miss an important family shoot in mid august (A7R is just not reliable enough for TTL flash shooting; too many closed eyes) and my most important photo trip of the year is in 4 weeks as I'm heading to Burning Man in Nevada. All the local stores have their preorder queues fully congested and have not started deliveries yet.

Good times ahead: try and find an available A7R II that might reach me in some weeks, keep the preorder with Sony (and let them keep my money) just in case they actually decide to pity me and honor the "mid august date".

Sorry about the rant; I'm mildly pissed atm.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your experience over with that Sony Store. Here in the USA they were great! Much better deals than I could get locally or out of NYC, easy to deal with and obtain extended warranties through Sony, the do not charge me till they ship the product, and they historically always ship their products on or slightly before the rest of the country gets their products. I have no idea what their new retail sales options will be but the years I have used Sony Style USA have been enjoyable experiences. Now I hear they were tough on returns but hey I don't buy a product to return it, I buy it to keep it and use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry to hear about your experience over with that Sony Store. Here in the USA they were great! Much better deals than I could get locally or out of NYC, easy to deal with and obtain extended warranties through Sony, the do not charge me till they ship the product, and they historically always ship their products on or slightly before the rest of the country gets their products. I have no idea what their new retail sales options will be but the years I have used Sony Style USA have been enjoyable experiences. Now I hear they were tough on returns but hey I don't buy a product to return it, I buy it to keep it and use it.
    Bolded the reasons why I've bought about 20 000 Eur worth gear directly from Sony web store; I have covered pretty much everything with extended warranty and before this incident buying from them was the way to avoid any "living up north" delays and get gadgets same time (or even before) as rest of the europe. Their prices in Europe have never been that good, but I could live with that and pre-charging of the credit card until they decided to implement this new "deliver whenever we please policy".

Oh well, I now have preorders on 2 different places in addition to Sony, one of them actually has about 300 Eur cheaper price. I'll just trial the one from Sony web store for up to 30 days and return it if they happen to be the 1st to deliver. All according to "terms and conditions" that they so kindly repeatedly rubbed into my face when I spoke to them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tn1krr View Post
    Bolded the reasons why I've bought about 20 000 Eur worth gear directly from Sony web store; I have covered pretty much everything with extended warranty and before this incident buying from them was the way to avoid any "living up north" delays and get gadgets same time (or even before) as rest of the europe. Their prices in Europe have never been that good, but I could live with that and pre-charging of the credit card until they decided to implement this new "deliver whenever we please policy".

Oh well, I now have preorders on 2 different places in addition to Sony, one of them actually has about 300 Eur cheaper price. I'll just trial the one from Sony web store for up to 30 days and return it if they happen to be the 1st to deliver. All according to "terms and conditions" that they so kindly repeatedly rubbed into my face when I spoke to them.
    It's in particular sour as my regular dealer will have the camera in stock as of 5th of August.
    My apologies to him, but this suits me right - I suppose ...
    Sony Online Shop stated 28th of July as earliest delivery date, hence I ordered from them.
    And still no reaction to my complaint from those [email protected]$#@^&s

Oh well, life sucks anyway ...

All the best.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's in particular sour as my regular dealer will have the camera in stock as of 5th of August.
    My apologies to him, but this suits me right - I suppose ...
    Sony Online Shop stated 28th of July as earliest delivery date, hence I ordered from them.
    And still no reaction to my complaint from those [email protected]$#@^&s

Oh well, life sucks anyway ...

All the best.
    Sent Sony Online Shop a friendly reminder to my precisely one week old complaint.
    Seriously thinking of cancelling my order - what the heck are they thinking !
    In the end I'm sure I'll have to wait longer to take delivery, but hey - at least my local dealer will have some benefit.

Grrr ...
    Bart ...