The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pre Order

Viramati

Mine has arrived at my dealers in London but unfortunately am away and can't pick it up till middle of next week so some have come through to UK stockists

Knorp

Btw - I've sent Sony Online Shop a 'crocodile tears laden :cry:' reply yesterday.
I wonder if they're going to respond ...

All the best.

stephen.s1

If you use their customer service when ordering you get 15% in free accessories just a FYI... 15% of $3199.99 is a significant savings.
That's pretty nice. However I suspect that the stores that retail this camera are not thrilled by this.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my order with B&H and going thru the Sony store.

Biglou

Btw - I've sent Sony Online Shop a 'crocodile tears laden :cry:' reply yesterday.
I wonder if they're going to respond ...

All the best.

Keep us updated.
I find difficult to understand why deliveries are starting and customers are left behind, they scheduled delivery posponed.
Thinking of cancelling my order if Sony agrees, it will be easy to get one when things settle and we have some reviews.
Kind regards

Knorp

Keep us updated.
I find difficult to understand why deliveries are starting and customers are left behind, they scheduled delivery posponed.
Thinking of cancelling my order if Sony agrees, it will be easy to get one when things settle and we have some reviews.
Kind regards
No reaction from Sony yet ... :cussing:

tn1krr

No reaction from Sony yet ... :cussing:
I talked to Sony online store rep on phone on thursday; I was originally scheduled to have my delivery on 28th and they decided to postpone it to "mid august" without exact date by just sending me email. They told me that all "nordic countries" (I live in Finland) have been postponed to "mid august". Yet they thought it was convenient to advertize the availability on July 28th (same as all european countiries), charge my credit card on June 19th and now they just decide to deliver whenever they please because I live up here in north. "It is all in terms and conditions" the lady on the phone said and added sincere apologies like "if you buy out of country you are gonna have issues with warranty"...

All or at least most the Sony webstore European deliveries originate from same warehouse which is in Nederlands so this is quite the BS. I'd have to quess they are closing the webstore in Europe too, with this type of customer service they would do zero business anyway.

The problem is I already let go of my A6000 so I'm quite likely to miss an important family shoot in mid august (A7R is just not reliable enough for TTL flash shooting; too many closed eyes) and my most important photo trip of the year is in 4 weeks as I'm heading to Burning Man in Nevada. All the local stores have their preorder queues fully congested and have not started deliveries yet.

Good times ahead: try and find an available A7R II that might reach me in some weeks, keep the preorder with Sony (and let them keep my money) just in case they actually decide to pity me and honor the "mid august date".

Sorry about the rant; I'm mildly pissed atm.

Jim DE

Sorry to hear about your experience over with that Sony Store. Here in the USA they were great! Much better deals than I could get locally or out of NYC, easy to deal with and obtain extended warranties through Sony, the do not charge me till they ship the product, and they historically always ship their products on or slightly before the rest of the country gets their products. I have no idea what their new retail sales options will be but the years I have used Sony Style USA have been enjoyable experiences. Now I hear they were tough on returns but hey I don't buy a product to return it, I buy it to keep it and use it.

tn1krr

Sorry to hear about your experience over with that Sony Store. Here in the USA they were great! Much better deals than I could get locally or out of NYC, easy to deal with and obtain extended warranties through Sony, the do not charge me till they ship the product, and they historically always ship their products on or slightly before the rest of the country gets their products. I have no idea what their new retail sales options will be but the years I have used Sony Style USA have been enjoyable experiences. Now I hear they were tough on returns but hey I don't buy a product to return it, I buy it to keep it and use it.
Bolded the reasons why I've bought about 20 000 Eur worth gear directly from Sony web store; I have covered pretty much everything with extended warranty and before this incident buying from them was the way to avoid any "living up north" delays and get gadgets same time (or even before) as rest of the europe. Their prices in Europe have never been that good, but I could live with that and pre-charging of the credit card until they decided to implement this new "deliver whenever we please policy".

Oh well, I now have preorders on 2 different places in addition to Sony, one of them actually has about 300 Eur cheaper price. I'll just trial the one from Sony web store for up to 30 days and return it if they happen to be the 1st to deliver. All according to "terms and conditions" that they so kindly repeatedly rubbed into my face when I spoke to them.

Knorp

Bolded the reasons why I've bought about 20 000 Eur worth gear directly from Sony web store; I have covered pretty much everything with extended warranty and before this incident buying from them was the way to avoid any "living up north" delays and get gadgets same time (or even before) as rest of the europe. Their prices in Europe have never been that good, but I could live with that and pre-charging of the credit card until they decided to implement this new "deliver whenever we please policy".

Oh well, I now have preorders on 2 different places in addition to Sony, one of them actually has about 300 Eur cheaper price. I'll just trial the one from Sony web store for up to 30 days and return it if they happen to be the 1st to deliver. All according to "terms and conditions" that they so kindly repeatedly rubbed into my face when I spoke to them.
It's in particular sour as my regular dealer will have the camera in stock as of 5th of August.
My apologies to him, but this suits me right - I suppose ... :rolleyes:
Sony Online Shop stated 28th of July as earliest delivery date, hence I ordered from them.
And still no reaction to my complaint from those b@$#@^&s

Oh well, life sucks anyway ... :chug:

All the best.

Knorp

It's in particular sour as my regular dealer will have the camera in stock as of 5th of August.
My apologies to him, but this suits me right - I suppose ... :rolleyes:
Sony Online Shop stated 28th of July as earliest delivery date, hence I ordered from them.
And still no reaction to my complaint from those b@$#@^&s

Oh well, life sucks anyway ... :chug:

All the best.
Sent Sony Online Shop a friendly reminder to my precisely one week old complaint.
Seriously thinking of cancelling my order - what the heck are they thinking !
In the end I'm sure I'll have to wait longer to take delivery, but hey - at least my local dealer will have some benefit.

Grrr ... :facesmack: