The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

US 20010053617 A1

k-hawinkler

Transportation method for a semiconductor device and transportation route selection method for a semiconductor device

US 20010053617 A1

Quote:

"ABSTRACT
The occurrence of defects of a semiconductor device at the time of transportation is prevented by the present invention relates to a transportation method for a semiconductor device which uses, for transportation of a semiconductor device from the departure point to the arrival point, the transportation route B1+B2 wherein the cosmic ray concentration is the smallest among a plurality of transportation routes A and B1+B2 from the departure point to the arrival point. In addition, the invention also relates to a transportation route selection method for a semiconductor device comprising the step of inputting a departure point and an arrival point for the transportation for a semiconductor device, the step of calculating a plurality of transportation routes A and B1+B2 from the departure point to the arrival point, the step of calculating the cosmic ray concentration in each of the plurality of transportation routes A and B1+B2 and the step of selecting the transportation route wherein the cosmic ray concentration is the smallest among the plurality of transportation routes A and B1+B2."

https://www.google.ch/patents/US20010053617?dq=sony+route&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFUQ6AEwCGoVChMIndr1uo7QxgIVizgUCh09KwlA

Barry Haines

Okay, I bite :grin: ... so what's the message here, K-H ?

:watch:
+1
As soon as anybody mentions cosmic rays I become hopelessly lost!
It all dates back to when my parents gave me a cosmic ray gun for my birthday (6 years old)...I kept pulling the trigger but nothing happened! :banghead:

k-hawinkler

Okay, I bite :grin: ... so what's the message here, K-H ?

:watch:
Thanks Bart. I would say, it's better for your camera to travel at sea level than at 40,000 feet. :)
However, if you fly high avoid the most intense cosmic rays spots. :-(

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Why not just state the following:

Did you know that all semiconductor devices (sensors/LCDs/chips in general) are extra sensitive to cosmic ray damage at altitude above the earth? YES
Did you know that they are less susceptible to damage at sea level? YES
Here's a way of mitigating that problem ... (tiny that it is btw).

Not geek enough I suppose. :facesmack:

Knorp

Thanks Bart. I would say, it's better for your camera to travel at sea level than at 40,000 feet. :)

However, if you fly high avoid the most intense cosmic rays spots. :-(

All excellent and well. And phew! am I glad for keeping my gear below sea-level ... :toocool:
Still, you got me baffled K-H as what is the context of co(s)mic rays and Sony here ?

Anyway, tip to all: keep your sensors upright all the time !
Kind regards.