The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Batis 25/85 pre order shipping notice

Pradeep

I should have both lenses by tomorrow evening. May get an opportunity to test this weekend. Will keep you all posted.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Congratulations. Hope you'll share some of your tests. As far as I can see, nobody has really checked out the distortion issue yet, or done any testing of the corners stopped down.
See what i can do , I'm actually in New York on a gig for 2 weeks.

Pradeep

Who is shipping? B&H is not being clear on availability.
My dealer got them for me. Apparently the dealers have not yet received the 'regular' supply but they have received 'demo' models which are brand new, unopened, unused but the warranty card and manual are not provided for 5 months to the dealer. I have a special relationship with my dealer and was the first on his list. So he offered me the demo units and the manuals will be sent to me a few months later. Since the items are in truth brand new, I had no problems accepting them. I've been buying from him for 8 yrs now and get all my gear from him, so we have a very good relationship.

ddanois

My dealer got them for me. Apparently the dealers have not yet received the 'regular' supply but they have received 'demo' models which are brand new, unopened, unused but the warranty card and manual are not provided for 5 months to the dealer. I have a special relationship with my dealer and was the first on his list. So he offered me the demo units and the manuals will be sent to me a few months later. Since the items are in truth brand new, I had no problems accepting them. I've been buying from him for 8 yrs now and get all my gear from him, so we have a very good relationship.
Totally understand. The intimate dealer relationships are the best!

What's confusing is that B&H is saying (via customer service) that they don't know when the lenses are going to arrive? Sonyalpharumors is reporting that the lenses are to start shipping tomorrow. Congrats to any who get these and we await your feedback!

bensonga

Who is shipping? B&H is not being clear on availability.
For preferred customers, "YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" is shipping. ;)

I haven't been adding to my Sony A7xx lens collection lately, but these Zeiss Batis lenses are very temptiing.

Gary

davidstock

I just looked at the B&H site, and now it says the Batis 85 is expected to be available in "mid-August." Maybe the first group was just a few.....?

iiiNelson

I just looked at the B&H site, and now it says the Batis 85 is expected to be available in "mid-August." Maybe the first group was just a few.....?
I think that's based on if you preordered today. I think the initial orders/shipment may come prior to that. I could be wrong but it seems odd that the small pro camera shops would get all the Batis order prior to B&H and Amazon. They may have to fulfill preorders first and then show available stock afterwards outside the allocation for the storefront.

My 25mm arrived today, from Focus Camera. First impression is very favorable. (although I have to admit it is quite a bit bigger than I anticipated.)

ddanois

Just received an email from B&H...Batis will not arrive until "late" August now. Anyone getting different information?