The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does the Sony LA-EA1 adapter work on the a7II

Jim DE

It is the only A-E adapter I have and was wondering if it will still work on a a7II/a7rII body in a fully manual focusing (like legacy lens adapters) mode as it did when I bought it for my original NEX5?

The LA-EA1 has a smaller 'throat' which wasn't designed with full frame in mind. Consequently, you'll get some vignetting if you use it on an A7-series. I've read that some people have done a little surgery to remove the rear baffle from the adapter, which reduces the vignetting.

Jim DE

Thanks Mike ... that makes sense.

I never liked using A mount glass on a NEX but may like it better with the size of the a7rII and vertical grip. Guess I'll need a LA-AE3...

My kipon Contax G to E adapter will work on the a7 without surgery, right? (this is what I get skipping the whole a7x series as now I have to play catch up)