Site Sponsors

Thread: Does the Sony LA-EA1 adapter work on the a7II

Post Thanks / Like

Does the Sony LA-EA1 adapter work on the a7II

It is the only A-E adapter I have and was wondering if it will still work on a a7II/a7rII body in a fully manual focusing (like legacy lens adapters) mode as it did when I bought it for my original NEX5?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does the Sony LA-EA1 adapter work on the a7II

The LA-EA1 has a smaller 'throat' which wasn't designed with full frame in mind. Consequently, you'll get some vignetting if you use it on an A7-series. I've read that some people have done a little surgery to remove the rear baffle from the adapter, which reduces the vignetting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike ... that makes sense.

I never liked using A mount glass on a NEX but may like it better with the size of the a7rII and vertical grip. Guess I'll need a LA-AE3...

My kipon Contax G to E adapter will work on the a7 without surgery, right? (this is what I get skipping the whole a7x series as now I have to play catch up)

Post Thanks / Like

see here for how to make the best use of your LA-EA1 on the A7 series cameras.

Probably worthwhile if you already have one, but if you have to buy one anyway the LA-EA3 has the obvious advantage.
    Only advantage of the LA-EA1 is that the tripod socket can be removed making the adapter smaller and fully cylindrical. With the LA-EA3 it's all in one piece, so you always have an extra protrusion on the bottom.