The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Tre. I decided to just get the 500 dollar gift card and applied it. Looks good now. I'm under 3k so should be a non issue.

Funny thing about calling the bank. Short story I drove across country and I called Wells Fargo and let them know I'm traveling for 3 weeks. I had to name every state that I was going to be in. PITA to be honest. So I hit Ilinois and my card gets declined buying gas. Sure enough I forgot to put Ilinois down

Jim DE

Just checked as of right now my order with the USA Sony store is still in the same status as first ordered. Per their web page and reps today is their estimated ship date. Time will tell as the day moves forward. It's still early ;)

The Ute

Amazon just hit my bank account. Ouch

Maybe they will ship today. Says prepared for shipment
Good luck w it.
You'll have one half of the combo and I the other.
Was forced to choose between the Batis 25 and the A7rII.
I'll have to wait for the prices to drop to get the body.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good luck w it.
You'll have one half of the combo and I the other.
Was forced to choose between the Batis 25 and the A7rII.
I'll have to wait for the prices to drop to get the body.
Yea I'm missing that Batis 25mm. Can't find one anywhere . Although I did see a release date of the 6th. Will see, feeling a wee bit poorer today.lol

jlm

Workshop Member
as of this am, B&H is not talking actual delivery/stock times until aug 5, at which point they will update with what they have, backorders being filled first

ebbtide

I just got off the phone with BH.
-The person I spoke with said that they got a pretty good number of A7rii's. He said "Yeah, I think we got enough to fill all of our pre-orders."
-My order status is pending. He also said they could have shipped today but they are not allowed to ship until tomorrow. That might be contrary to people getting their shipping notices, but it's just what one customer service rep told me a few minutes ago.

Unrelated, is anyone doing an extended warranty and if so with whom? BH offers purchase of a Square Trade extended warranty. I know that statistically, extended warranties never make sense, but this is one of the few things I would consider it for; my only hesitation with this camera for the price is potential durability and Sony/Precision Camera service.

Jim DE

Just got off the phone with the Sony Store Customer Rep ... he stated that they are shipping the next day shipping orders today and I will get my email with tracking late this afternoon. Time will tell.......

jlm

Workshop Member
just to further obfuscate:

B&H just old me they don't have any cameras until they arrive tomorrow Aug 5, at which point they will ship out any pre-orders. and they said no idea how many they expect to receive, but they usually order plenty, any leftovers won't be known until tomorrow

dandrewk

My order status is still "New Order Processing". I just did a chat with a CS rep (VERY easy to do, link on upper right of order status page). It took about two minutes, and: "Stan G: This order is scheduled to ship out to you tomorrow with 1 day delivery service." So that's good :).

It's curious how some sources are shipping today and others are "required" to wait until tomorrow. No big deal, unless you are a crazed early adopter with "gotta gotta gotta have it NOW" syndrome.

Nobody like that here. Nope. Not me. No way. I'm not like that at all. :grin:

vjbelle

FWIW...... Bestbuy says that I can have my new Sony A7rll in two days. Online delivery only - no in store pickup. Free shipping..... of course sales tax is an issue but if its legit then you, me or anyone can have this camera in two days. My gut tells me that Sony has produced a zillion of these camera's and that availability is not going to be an issue.

Victor

scho

My A7RII shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow - one day earlier than promised.:

Last edited by a moderator:
My A7RII shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow - one day earlier than promised.:clap:

Awesome mine has not actually shipped yet. Says prepared but hoping it will change
I'm confused. Are you going to get yours tomorrow? Mine is also just prepared for shipment. I think all the big retailers are going to stick with the 5th as the shipping day cause Sony said so.