The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

I finally caved under the peer pressure and decided to buy one, and now I can't find one anywhere.

Anyone know a US dealer who has stock?

Knorp

I am seriously thinking about it. The shopping part is a minor thing. :)
Picked up mine from a Kiala access point yesterday (6th).
At home attached the grip, stuck on the screen-protector and shoved in two fully loaded batteries. Hurray !
Oh - for starters: mounted an old Zuiko 55/1.2 :)

Btw - I was quite surprised how heavy the body feels and how lovely that shutter sounds ... :lecture:

All the best.

Knorp

I finally caved under the peer pressure and decided to buy one, and now I can't find one anywhere.

Anyone know a US dealer who has stock?

Better late than never, but you won't be sorry, Mike.
Still, who said Sony produced a shitload ?

Good luck finding one !
Kind regards.

Don Libby

Oh great, we got Sandy's camera late yesterday and after setting it up I am now thinking I just might upgrade my 7r IR sometime later this year.

Shutter seems faster and is a lot more quite than the 7r; it also "feels" better in the hand with some slight improvements in the dial system that seems to work better as well. Nice touch was getting 2-batteries with charger.

More later

Don

k-hawinkler

Order Placed with Amazon on Friday, July 31, 2015.
Initial estimated delivery date is: Thursday, August 27, 2015 - Monday, September 21, 2015
New estimated delivery date is: Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Not bad, not bad at all. :)

algrove

Order Placed with Amazon on Friday, July 31, 2015.
Initial estimated delivery date is: Thursday, August 27, 2015 - Monday, September 21, 2015
New estimated delivery date is: Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Not bad, not bad at all. :)
I was waiting for your cave in note!

k-hawinkler

I was waiting for your cave in note!
No cave in at all Lou. I had planned to get the A7RII fairly early.
Unfortunately I switched my June order around and lost my place in the queue.
But waiting for 3 weeks ain't too bad.

For my M9 I had to wait for 3 months and for my NEX-7 about 5 months IIRC. :-(
So, back then I got a NEX-5N and viewfinder to tie me over until the NEX-7 arrived.
In hindsight that was a good move though as I prefer the NEX-5N over the NEX-7.
BTW the NEX-5N matches almost exactly the sensor resolution of the A7R and D800E. :)
Of course it has a narrower Field of View and gets along fairly well with my Leica M lenses wheres the NEX-7 doesn't similarly.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Help a forum member day

Actually we have 2 or 3 members looking to buy. If you are in contact with a dealer and they have stock please post that info. I know Mike and John are looking.