Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

I thought I would start this since this morning I got a email from Amazon that the shipping date has moved to August 7th. B&H and others are still showing the 5th. Now I am on the first wave with Amazon but rather not pay the tax. I will if I have too but I think it be nice if we reported shipping dates and any availability since I'm sure some members could use this information. I do have a dealer trying to beat my Amazon deadline but these folks really don't know what amounts they are recieveing until they show up. Any extras they sell. So help the dealers , help the members. It's good Karma

Btw the tax on this is like 269 dollars so maybe we can help members avoid that. I hate taxes. Lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

Guy if you pre order from the USA Sony store and use the phone number rather than ordering it online you can offset your sales taxes IF you are going to want to buy some accessories as well as the body. I have posted this before but I got 15% of the retail price of my a7rII body in cash to apply toward accessories at the time of the purchase. That was over $500usd to apply towards accessories. I used it for a vertical grip and a couple batteries and paid for the body and the 5 year full warranty extended coverage. Their ship date remains August 4th with free one day shipping which was also given with the 15% off acc offer.

Now that doesn't stop sales tax (I don't have to pay sales taxes due to where I live) I don't think but it will surely negate their impact with the accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just now got a notification that the USA Sony Online Store is closing... 8/28/15 @ 1pm PST is it's last day so if you have coupons or whatever to cash in do it quickly.

They also stated Sony is going to "soon unveil a new online product showcase and more ways to shop" Whatever that means???

Anyway that is the email I just received from them.........

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the same email. It has a link to:

Sony Store - Sony US

Looks suspect though.
    Last edited by k-hawinkler; 31st July 2015 at 20:45.
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I just returned tonight from a tour in Nova Scotia/PEI and received an email from Amazon stating that my order is scheduled to ship on 8/5 and arrive 8/6, but no tracking # yet.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow thats great. Mine said the 7th and man i was on that order within a half hour too.

I may call Sony Monday. Im home and just getting all my funds ready in the correct account to pay for this dang thing. LOL

Been away for like 3 weeks and forgot what my house looked like. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

How do you read this. Is this to me or to ship by

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 17, 2015 (Order# xxxxxxxxxxxx):

"Sony ILCE7RM2/B a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera, Body Only"
    Estimated arrival date: August 07, 2015

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

When I look at my order it still says the 5th. I did have 2 day delivery

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

I received the same email. I called and they said that it's the date that it should arrive to me. Good times!

Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Awesome

Post Thanks / Like

This is very helpful. So now I can expect mine next week as well.
    Too much to list, let's just say I have a bad case of GAS.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just changed my payment option to Amazon and bumped up the shipping to One day. So now everything looks correct arriving at my door on the 6th. Im going for it. whats a little tax and I get it as promised.

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be a FUN week coming up! More so than any other lens or camera that I can recall.

It's December 25th, 5 AM, and we impatiently await the dawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I thought I would start this since this morning I got a email from Amazon that the shipping date has moved to August 7th. B&H and others are still showing the 5th. Now I am on the first wave with Amazon but rather not pay the tax. I will if I have too but I think it be nice if we reported shipping dates and any availability since I'm sure some members could use this information. I do have a dealer trying to beat my Amazon deadline but these folks really don't know what amounts they are recieveing until they show up. Any extras they sell. So help the dealers , help the members. It's good Karma

Btw the tax on this is like 269 dollars so maybe we can help members avoid that. I hate taxes. Lol
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Guy, but the Arizona Department of Revenue requires you to pay sales tax on your A7RII purchase regardless of whether you buy it from a retailer with an Arizona presence or elsewhere. The only difference is that if you buy it from an out of state retailer, you don't pay the sales tax at the time of purchase, but a "use tax" when you file your Form 140 tax return the following year ... oh, and they also expect you to report your purchase voluntarily, rather than to chase after you for the tax that is due.

Of course, whether you comply wth the law or not is up to you (for now, anyway, although they've been known to subpoena sales records from certain large mailorder retailers and compare them to individual tax returns and send out bills with penalties when they don't match: Trust me on this, as I use to be in the tax biz, so have had clients who had to deal with this), but advising others to do the same probably isn't a wise idea on your part ... just sayin', that's all.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta luv states without sales, user, or personal property taxes who also don't tax SS earnings either

Post Thanks / Like

OK, for someone who has hesitated in ordering the A7R2 until now - what's the consensus for the best option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterSteve View Post
    OK, for someone who has hesitated in ordering the A7R2 until now - what's the consensus for the best option?
    The best option and this happens a lot on pre-orders with B&H is they sell there first wave of pre-orders and than addd a few for sale on line. If your lucky you can score one. Now this all depends on the pre-orders and stock sent to B&H. I would say the same for Adorama. Or some folks order in several places and actually take delivery. I have seen this numerous times where they did not get a chance to cancel there pre-order.

Other facts not everyone actually buys but they did the pre-order in so they cancel last minute and than the stores keep going looking at the list and sometimes they have more product than they do pre-orders. Now there are many great places to buy. Samy's , Allen Camera in PA, Popflash, Camera West and even your Best Buy stores.

The other good news is the price as it being a pretty high dollar figure , people tend to back off on the purchase the last minute too.

I have a Amazon order which I will get on the 6th. I could try and play the field and save on the tax but I already resided to the fact to just pay it and not play the game. My patience level is not what it once was. LOL

Im really more on the hunt for the Batis 25mm so putting more energy into that to try and score one.

Again please post if you see one in the wild ready to get snagged up. There are folks looking

Post Thanks / Like

My B&H order, placed about 11 AM PDT on the first day of ordering, just switched status from "On Order" to "New Order Processing". My CC was also charged for the next day air shipping.

It's looking good for Wednesday or Thursday delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great news Dan. I'm worried my debit card won't let me go over 3k . They put limits on daily purchases. I'm going to buy a gift card at Amazon for 500 and apply it than it will be under 3k when they charge me. Might be a safe idea. Dang banks get weird sometimes.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news Dan. I'm worried my debit card won't let me go over 3k . They put limits on daily purchases. I'm going to buy a gift card at Amazon for 500 and apply it than it will be under 3k when they charge me. Might be a safe idea. Dang banks get weird sometimes.
    Most banks will let you exceed the daily limit of you call them and let them know what charge to expect and for how much.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I went the Gift Card way since Paypal was such a hassle to raise the limit. They can't raise the limit ahead of time, so I have to call them on the 5th instead. Hopefully the 6th delivery is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Tre. I decided to just get the 500 dollar gift card and applied it. Looks good now. I'm under 3k so should be a non issue.

Funny thing about calling the bank. Short story I drove across country and I called Wells Fargo and let them know I'm traveling for 3 weeks. I had to name every state that I was going to be in. PITA to be honest. So I hit Ilinois and my card gets declined buying gas. Sure enough I forgot to put Ilinois down

Post Thanks / Like

My BH order status is now 'in stock, sent to warehouse'. Hopefully ships out today.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked as of right now my order with the USA Sony store is still in the same status as first ordered. Per their web page and reps today is their estimated ship date. Time will tell as the day moves forward. It's still early

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Amazon just hit my bank account. Ouch

Maybe they will ship today. Says prepared for shipment

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon just hit my bank account. Ouch

Maybe they will ship today. Says prepared for shipment
    Good luck w it.
    You'll have one half of the combo and I the other.
    Was forced to choose between the Batis 25 and the A7rII.
    I'll have to wait for the prices to drop to get the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Ute View Post
    Good luck w it.
    You'll have one half of the combo and I the other.
    Was forced to choose between the Batis 25 and the A7rII.
    I'll have to wait for the prices to drop to get the body.
    Yea I'm missing that Batis 25mm. Can't find one anywhere . Although I did see a release date of the 6th. Will see, feeling a wee bit poorer today.lol

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

as of this am, B&H is not talking actual delivery/stock times until aug 5, at which point they will update with what they have, backorders being filled first

Post Thanks / Like

just got shipping notice from BH!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with BH.
    -The person I spoke with said that they got a pretty good number of A7rii's. He said "Yeah, I think we got enough to fill all of our pre-orders."
    -My order status is pending. He also said they could have shipped today but they are not allowed to ship until tomorrow. That might be contrary to people getting their shipping notices, but it's just what one customer service rep told me a few minutes ago.

Unrelated, is anyone doing an extended warranty and if so with whom? BH offers purchase of a Square Trade extended warranty. I know that statistically, extended warranties never make sense, but this is one of the few things I would consider it for; my only hesitation with this camera for the price is potential durability and Sony/Precision Camera service.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with the Sony Store Customer Rep ... he stated that they are shipping the next day shipping orders today and I will get my email with tracking late this afternoon. Time will tell.......

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

just to further obfuscate:

B&H just old me they don't have any cameras until they arrive tomorrow Aug 5, at which point they will ship out any pre-orders. and they said no idea how many they expect to receive, but they usually order plenty, any leftovers won't be known until tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

My order status is still "New Order Processing". I just did a chat with a CS rep (VERY easy to do, link on upper right of order status page). It took about two minutes, and: "Stan G: This order is scheduled to ship out to you tomorrow with 1 day delivery service." So that's good .

It's curious how some sources are shipping today and others are "required" to wait until tomorrow. No big deal, unless you are a crazed early adopter with "gotta gotta gotta have it NOW" syndrome.

Nobody like that here. Nope. Not me. No way. I'm not like that at all.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know anyone like that here. No GAS crazed people on this forum.

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My vehicles tank is full of GAS ....... and waiting for my dang camera to arrive

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just got a mail from kameraexpress in Amsterdam that I could pick one up tomorrow if I wanted one.......

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Just got a mail from kameraexpress in Amsterdam that I could pick one up tomorrow if I wanted one.......
    That's great, Michiel. You do want one, right ?
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW...... Bestbuy says that I can have my new Sony A7rll in two days. Online delivery only - no in store pickup. Free shipping..... of course sales tax is an issue but if its legit then you, me or anyone can have this camera in two days. My gut tells me that Sony has produced a zillion of these camera's and that availability is not going to be an issue.

Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    My gut tells me that Sony has produced a zillion of these camera's and that availability is not going to be an issue.

Victor
    I think so too.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

My A7RII shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow - one day earlier than promised.:
    Last edited by Guy Mancuso; 4th August 2015 at 16:43.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    My A7RII shipped from Amazon and arrives tomorrow - one day earlier than promised.

Awesome mine has not actually shipped yet. Says prepared but hoping it will change
    I'm confused. Are you going to get yours tomorrow? Mine is also just prepared for shipment. I think all the big retailers are going to stick with the 5th as the shipping day cause Sony said so.

Post Thanks / Like

Sony reaffirmed the 4th today on the phone but still no shipping email.... Well tomorrow is another day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Awesome mine has not actually shipped yet. Says prepared but hoping it will change.

My Batis 25 comes Thursday too

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hiepphotog View Post
    I'm confused. Are you going to get yours tomorrow? Mine is also just prepared for shipment. I think all the big retailers are going to stick with the 5th as the shipping day cause Sony said so.
    Yes, my camera will arrive tomorrow around noon in the big brown truck.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Yes, my camera will arrive tomorrow around noon in the big brown truck.
    Congrats Carl! I'm green with envy .
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay your on everyone's jealous to be you list. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just checked my Amazon order

Arriving Thursday by 8pm
    Preparing for Shipment

I know where I am that day. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked my Amazon order

Arriving Thursday by 8pm
    Preparing for Shipment

I know where I am that day. Lol
    I will attempt to intercept the brown truck in the morning. Have done so many times with USPS. I wish UPS would have a "Where's my UPS truck?" app.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you guys are right with readily availability of the A7RII!
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank heavens I don't have GAS. Thus, I'm not awaiting an A7rII.

But I do hope my new Phase XF arrives soon....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My shipping changed to tomorrow arrival. Shipped a day early as well. Yahooo