The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

BTW, as a long time lurker, first time poster...

spence

I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate the quality of the community here.

People treat each other decently, ad hominem attacks seem non-existent, and everyone is generally respectful of each other's requirements and hang-ups. We all have them :)

E.g., if you post on DPR or FM that you you wish Sony would offer lossless RAW on the A7RII, you're immediately assailed by legions of people who ask you to "prove that it matters to your photography", or denying it has any impact at all, or perversely arguing that somehow it's a good thing.

Here, people seem a lot more relaxed, and recognize that the gear we love only gets better through criticism. Mindless boosterism helps no one but the huge multinational corps. who don't improve unless they're forced to.

Anyway, it's all very refreshing! Thanks to all of you!

dwood

I just wanted to mention how much I appreciate the quality of the community here.

People treat each other decently, ad hominem attacks seem non-existent, and everyone is generally respectful of each other's requirements and hang-ups. We all have them :)

E.g., if you post on DPR or FM that you you wish Sony would offer lossless RAW on the A7RII, you're immediately assailed by legions of people who ask you to "prove that it matters to your photography", or denying it has any impact at all, or perversely arguing that somehow it's a good thing.

Here, people seem a lot more relaxed, and recognize that the gear we love only gets better through criticism. Mindless boosterism helps no one but the huge multinational corps. who don't improve unless they're forced to.

Anyway, it's all very refreshing! Thanks to all of you!
Welcome to the community, Spence. IMO, the GetDPI forums are the best on the net. You're absolutely right that folks here treat each other with respect and decency. It IS refreshing! I think the gents that run the place (Jack, Guy and Bob) deserve a lot of credit for that. It all rolls down hill. There are so many superb photographers here that not only share their pictures, but also their expertise. I, for one, have learned a lot from so many of them, and I continue to be inspired by their photography. Again, welcome!

-Doug

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Welcome to the forum. GetDPI is diffrent from all the forums. We love to have fun , joke around and talk shop but more important the attitude from ALL our members, admins,moderators and such is the utmost respect for each other and there opinions regardless of they go with the normal or not so normal. The key here is our no hassle , no insult policy. We simply do not tolerate it at ALL. That proudly comes from the top down