The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New lens lineup for the A7rII

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm going to start this now. This will be a okay this is working great or not thread. Includes all brands. Nikon, canon, Leica and such. What adapter works best and such.

We need a home for this kind of data so when Joe Smith buys one in 3 months we have a reference thread.

Images are great too.

Have fun

Guy Mancuso

My lineup is small but mighty.

VC 15mm
Batis 25
Sony 35 1.4
Batis 85

At the moment sigma 24-70 2.8 with LAe3

Looking at 135 or 200 options

JMaher

Don't I recall your having a great 200.:bugeyes: Your comments led me to buy one (great lens)

My lineup is small but mighty.

VC 15mm
Batis 25
Sony 35 1.4
Batis 85

At the moment sigma 24-70 2.8 with LAe3

Looking at 135 or 200 options

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Not planning to buy the A7r II until the prices cool down to my liking. We all know what happened to the prices of the A7r/A7, etc.

I have a lot of lenses, not planning to buy anything new either. :(

stephen.s1

Camera due in an hour or so.

In the quiver so far: 35mm Loxia, Sony 90mm

Aspire to: 25mm Batis.

Last edited:

D&A

Why is this is the "Gear FS or WTB" forum? Shouldn't this be moved to the "Sony" forum?

Joe
Joe I just assumed with the frequency Guy buys and sells items, he's already setting up his buy/sell foundation of items and adapters he's planning to turn over, shortly after listing them here in this thread. Of course each having been tried and used used only 1x. What better place to start this. Saves him time from having to start a new thread...LOL.

Ok, should I start to run and hide now or will putting on my hard hat suffice?? :)

Dave (D&A)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy,

Must have been a Freudian moment that you started this in the B&S section :ROTFL:

I have of course moved it for you :D

Guy Mancuso

Joe I just assumed with the frequency Guy buys and sells items, he's already setting up his buy/sell foundation of items and adapters he's planning to turn over, shortly after listing them here in this thread. Of course each having been tried and used used only 1x. What better place to start this. Saves him time from having to start a new thread...LOL.

Ok, should I start to run and hide now or will putting on my hard hat suffice?? :)

Dave (D&A)
Ah ha someone that knows me to well. Lol

Guy Mancuso

Don't I recall your having a great 200.:bugeyes: Your comments led me to buy one (great lens)
Yes the Minolta 200 but it will still have to be used with the LAe4 which is still the center cluster of AF points. I decided to sell it and try something that gets the full AF points the new body can do.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
As nice as the primes look, is there a 24-70 that is worth putting on the A7rII? The Sony (my copy at least) was too soft to resolve "even" the A7II sensor :shocked:. I settled for a Contax 24-85 which is slow, MF, but quite sharp across the frame below 80mm.

But if the Canon glass can AF well, does that make the 24-70/2.8L IS v2 a good candidate? Other favorites?

--Matt

V

Vivek

I am quite interested in a Nikon AFS G E to Sony E adapter that can do AF. This becomes very relevant especially in light of the very affordable (and what appears to be) high quality glass from Nikon. Especially the 200-500/5.6. There is absolutely no chance that Sony/Zeiss will do anything close to that.

k-hawinkler

I am quite interested in a Nikon AFS G E to Sony E adapter that can do AF. This becomes very relevant especially in light of the very affordable (and what appears to be) high quality glass from Nikon. Especially the 200-500/5.6. There is absolutely no chance that Sony/Zeiss will do anything close to that.
Thanks Vivek, I agree on the adapter as I already have an excellent Nikkor AF-S 80-400. :)

Quentin_Bargate

Happy days :eek:

Mine at the moment

-Sony/Zeiss 16-35mm F/4

-Sony/Zeiss 35mm F/2.8

-Sony 90mm F/2.8 G OSS

considering Batis 25mm.

I also have the 24mm-70mm Sony/Zeiss F/4 but have some concerns about absolute image quality.

Compact, high quality. Camera feel great balanced by the compact and easily overlooked 35mm/2.8.

darrellc

I'll probably converge on one body and one system with the A7RII (getting rid of m4/3 and probably sell both A7II and A7S). I may wait and see what the A7SII will be, though I doubt I'll hold out for more than a few months...

So probably will do (have all these except Batis 25):

FE 16-35/4 and OM 21/3.5 for a smaller WA option
Option: Buy Batis 25/2 and sell OM 24/2.8, but I tend to prefer 21/35mm focal length spacing. But Batis samples really appeal to me, has some "magic".
FE 35/2.8 and FE 35/1.4
FE 55/1.8 and ZM Sonnar 50/1.5 (character lens, complements FE 55)
Short MF tele (Will do a shootout between my OM 100/2.8, OM 135/3.5 and Summarit 90/2.5) until a smaller AF tele prime in the 90-135 range is released (may look at Batis but would prefer a little longer focal length)

Probably sell the FE 28/2, Loxia 35, FE 24-70/4 (just don't like the IQ relative to every other lens I have and I carry an LX100 as backup and daily carry that covers for casual shooting), Cron-R 50

Amin

I'm starting to think about maybe getting a Canon 85L and adapter instead of the 85mm Batis.

Zlatko Batistich

As nice as the primes look, is there a 24-70 that is worth putting on the A7rII? The Sony (my copy at least) was too soft to resolve "even" the A7II sensor :shocked:.
I also have the 24mm-70mm Sony/Zeiss F/4 but have some concerns about absolute image quality.
Probably sell the FE 28/2, Loxia 35, FE 24-70/4 (just don't like the IQ relative to every other lens I have and I carry an LX100 as backup and daily carry that covers for casual shooting), Cron-R 50
There are 20 posts so far and 3 people have mentioned they are not thrilled with the FE 24-70/4. That's almost a trend. Is it just OK, but not great? Are the 16-35/4 and 70-200/4 better or about the same?