Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A7RII + Cambo Actus

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A7RII + Cambo Actus

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Tried doing some stitching with the Leica R 35-70 Vario-Elmar f/4 on the Cambo Actus with Sony A7R-FS (CC filter on lens). Two images below are composed of two shots each stitched with Photomerge in LR.
    Barely enough room to shift inside the relatively small image circle of the 35-70 @ 35 mm. I'm going to try some of my Pentax 645 lenses next, particularly the Pentax 645 A 35/3.5.
    Two more stitched shots using the Pentax 645-A 35mm f/3.5 lens. More room for shifting and no lateral vignetting or color shift.

Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Pentax 645-A 35mm f/3.5, two shots framed using rise/fall and cropped in post. Edges soft as a result of some un-intended aperture adjustment (was set at f/11, but should have been in A position for the Cambo mount manual adjust so actually was wide open)

Last edited by scho; 10th October 2016 at 12:18.
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    My guess: an Old stock of Sk componon 60/4 apo hm same as digitar 60/4...

All the componon apo hm 60/80/90/100 play very well At f8/f11...even the 45apo hm allow 5/7mm of shift on 24x36 sensor with digitar crispiness

I had a very quick, semi-rough sortie with this lens last week (we just received our demo).

I shot it against a Schneider 60mm/5.6 APO Digitar XL (a great, very sharp lens).

To my eye, the Actar 60mm did not match it, but it came close enough to impress. Considering the price difference, this lens may prove to be a worthy addition to the Actar line.

That lens will be shown at PhotoPlus in New York City this week (booth # 358). If you're around, Capture Integration will be at booth # 249, swing by and say hi.

Steve Hendrix/CI
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

This is likely a silly question. 25% of what I do is stitched panoramas using my A7rII + Nodal Ninja 3 and Loxia 21 or 50mm. Would I be able to use the Actus or Actus mini with my A7rII + Loxia setup? So Sony rear mount and Lens board. Had all on the Canon TSEs adapted to A7rII and never liked it. Love the look of the Actus and really miss movements. Also have the GM 24-70 which I use for my LE work and would love movements on that as well. I shoot mainly at ground level and a little rise and fall or shift is always beneficial.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
    This is likely a silly question. 25% of what I do is stitched panoramas using my A7rII + Nodal Ninja 3 and Loxia 21 or 50mm. Would I be able to use the Actus or Actus mini with my A7rII + Loxia setup? So Sony rear mount and Lens board. Had all on the Canon TSEs adapted to A7rII and never liked it. Love the look of the Actus and really miss movements. Also have the GM 24-70 which I use for my LE work and would love movements on that as well. I shoot mainly at ground level and a little rise and fall or shift is always beneficial.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but neither of those three lenses will focus unfortunately. They are all designed to be used natively on the Sony system and when you introduce the bellows in between, they will never be able to achieve focus.

What didn't you like about the TSE lenses?

Have you considered using a medium format lens with a larger image circle instead, or perhaps the Actar 24?
    Blake Griffin - Channel Manager - Cambo USA
    Cambousa.com Email

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAMBOUSA View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but neither of those three lenses will focus unfortunately. They are all designed to be used natively on the Sony system and when you introduce the bellows in between, they will never be able to achieve focus.

What didn't you like about the TSE lenses?

Have you considered using a medium format lens with a larger image circle instead, or perhaps the Actar 24?
    Thanks for reply. I thought about it afterward and come to same conclusion The adaptors (Metabones IV) really annoyed me for my long exposure work with light leaks and such. I covered them up but am often in wind and it wasn't great. Native lenses always work better so I got rid of them. Miss the movements though. Will have a look at the Actar 24. Was hoping if I grabbed an Actus Mini it might rid me of my Tech Camera fetish.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
    Thanks for reply. I thought about it afterward and come to same conclusion The adaptors (Metabones IV) really annoyed me for my long exposure work with light leaks and such. I covered them up but am often in wind and it wasn't great. Native lenses always work better so I got rid of them. Miss the movements though. Will have a look at the Actar 24. Was hoping if I grabbed an Actus Mini it might rid me of my Tech Camera fetish.
    I may be on the other side of the world, but feel free to reach out with any questions!

I can tell you that the fine folks at Cambo do read this forum sometimes, they just don't speak up as much as I do.
    Cambousa.com Email

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone from Cambo is reading, I'd be really grateful to know how well the Actus works with the Leica M240 or M246? There is obviously an M mount. Which lenses in the 50mm focal length area work flawlessly at infinity with this set up? For example the 60mm Actar? How much back rise / fall would this give (my interest is architecture) and/or left-right stitching? Anything that I need to consider - like color cast etc? THANK YOU if you can help answer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Warwick View Post
    If anyone from Cambo is reading, I'd be really grateful to know how well the Actus works with the Leica M240 or M246? There is obviously an M mount. Which lenses in the 50mm focal length area work flawlessly at infinity with this set up? For example the 60mm Actar? How much back rise / fall would this give (my interest is architecture) and/or left-right stitching? Anything that I need to consider - like color cast etc? THANK YOU if you can help answer!
    There are a few ways to look at this. On the traditional Rodenstock and Schneider options, because of the Flange Focal Distance (FFD), you are looking at lenses 70mm and greater having full compatibility. The 55mm Apo Sironar digital lens should focus to infinity, but because of it's design will not give you much (if any) movement.

M39 enlarger lenses 60 and above should work no problem.

And of course, the Actar 60 would give you infinity focus and around 15-17mm of shift depending on your orientation.

As to not clog up the Sony thread with Leica, please feel free to email or PM me any further questions about this setup.
    Last edited by CAMBOUSA; 6th March 2017 at 11:12.
    Cambousa.com Email

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Pentax 645-A 35mm f/3.5, two shots framed using rise/fall and cropped in post. Edges soft as a result of some un-intended aperture adjustment (was set at f/11, but should have been in A position for the Cambo mount manual adjust so actually was wide open)
    How do you find corner sharpness at about 15mm shift? I am using the HD version of the lens with 2 kipon adapters (P645-F, F-FE) and it's quite impressive.