The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Moving from M43 to get better blurred backgrounds

ggibson

Their page will probably be more informative than I can be:

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_SPEF-m43-BT3

When I say "65/1.5", I was quoting the full-frame equivalent spec. Their wording is a bit more clear:

the speed of any attached lens is increased by 1 1/3 stops, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80 when an f/1.2 lens is used. For example, a 50mm f/1.2 becomes a 32mm f/0.80, which is the fastest aperture available for full size Micro Four Thirds format.
I'm probably not the best person to go to for Canon/Nikon lens recs, but a lot of people seem to like the new Sigma 35/1.4. BIG lens for a m4/3 camera, but it should perform!

Oh, and I don't know what m4/3 camera you're shooting, but note that not all of the speedboosters are compatible with all m4/3 cameras.

Oh, and I don't know what m4/3 camera you're shooting, but note that not all of the speedboosters are compatible with all m4/3 cameras.

Thanks gg,

I was interested until I saw that they did not support autofocus for the E-M5.

Tony