The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII REALLY high ISO

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Here ya go.

Thanks for replying.

Has Marin County ever looked more lovely:rolleyes:

It's a big number, 102,400.

I was perhaps hoping someone had tried this in a real world situation like a smoky jazz club at 3 a.m. or a street scene at closing time, and converted to b/w.

These A7 models all make lovely looking images.

I don't want one:shocked:. I'm just interested in how far all this digital malarkey can be taken.

Ta again.

Gandolfi.

Amin

Amin, Try it in mixed poor lighting outside at night. It does look encouraging compared to the A7r.

I don't do much photography outside at night. In fact, I no longer do much of anything outside at night. But this was taken with very little light indoors (1/20s, f/2, ISO 25,600):

DSC02928
by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Amin

This was really dark. Nighttime, lights off in the room, all light coming from the next room over (behind me). ISO 102,400, f/1.8, 1/80s

DSC3161 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr