Site Sponsors

Thread: Anybody have city shots at night with the Batis 25mm?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have city shots at night with the Batis 25mm?

There are some A7RII 16-35mm night shots posted here, and they're rather disappointing.

Looking primarily at the second shot, I'm seeing that weird, large blue halo/arc at the right of the image (sensor reflections?), "gritty" starbursts, and lots and lots of red/blue pixel noise.

Do any of you have night-time city shots with the A7RII and Batis 25mm that you could share? Hopefully the starbursts around light sources look a little nicer, and there are no reflections (this has been an issue on earlier A7* iterations). I wouldn't expect the warm pixel artifacts to be any better, but that seems somewhat controllable by processing with C1 instead of Lightroom.

100% would be great, if you're willing to share! I'm shooting at night quite a bit lately, and really hoping the A7RII will work for me. It has so many things going for it, but stuff like this is going to aggravate my OCD tendencies.

thanks,
    spence

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody have city shots at night with the Batis 25mm?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm really hoping to confirm this is a nice nighttime lens when paired with the A7RII. Unlike the Sony 16-35, which seems to have some pretty disturbing issues with flare.

I just can't do with a combo which can't handle urban nights nicely--minimal coma, minimal flare, clean if unspectacular starbursts, etc.

thanks!
    spence
    Last edited by spence; 20th August 2015 at 17:56.