The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7II, A&RII with Phottix Mitros + and Stratto II with OC strobes

dmward

I ordered a Phottix Mitros + speedlite for my A7II quite awhile ago. It finally arrived from back order status.
The hope is that Phottix will get the Odin II finished and shipping in a Sony version soon. (There is an update on their website stating that its being tested by a photographer and should be ready before too long. The photographer doing the testing is a Canon shooter, but hopefully the Sony variant won't take too long after the Canon is done.)

Anyway, The Mitros + can be set to TTL on camera and it fires the off camera strobes without a problem below sync speed. It will not fire the off camera strobes in HSS mode which would be a nice bonus since my Cheetahlights have an H mode that is useful above the camera X-sync speed.

The TTL capability for the on-camera speedlite is nice because it can be dialed to minus EV compensation for fill.

JMaher

I wonder why this will not work in HSS. My Odin transmitter will trigger my Godox 360 in high speed mode as as a Minolta TTL flash with an Odin receiver.
Jim

dmward

Re: A7II, A&RII with Phottix Mitros + and Stratto II with OC strobes

I wonder why this will not work in HSS. My Odin transmitter will trigger my Godox 360 in high speed mode as as a Minolta TTL flash with an Odin receiver.
Jim
Jim,
I'm wondering the same thing.
Will do some more testing this coming week.
That's the main reason for getting this setup to test.
If I can't get it to work I'll probably ship it back.

David

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that Sekonic, Phottix, and Elinchrom are getting in bed together to make compatible light meters. I wonder if Profoto and Broncolor are next.

Elinchrom, Phottix and Sekonic form wireless common standard partnership: Digital Photography Review
It is interesting.
There is someone on another forum asking for user input on features for an unnamed company about strobe and speedlite TTL capabilities.
He won't say what company but he does show Elinchrom lights in his signature.

JMaher

I am sure you have it all set up correctly but just in case:) In addition to telling the Mitros + to work in HSS did you turn the function on on the Godox lights themselves?

dmward

I am sure you have it all set up correctly but just in case:) In addition to telling the Mitros + to work in HSS did you turn the function on on the Godox lights themselves?
Yep.

Its apparent, based on my experience testing the Cells IIc for Cheetah that the light is firing too early, or late, but my guess is too early.

I also turned off the electronic front curtain shutter just in case.

I do think its probably a setting error of some sort.

More testing when I have time this afternoon.