The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Eye AF

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
For some reason it does not work with my lenses the Sony 35 1.4 and my 2 Batis lens. I must have something wrong in settings. Could use advice like to try it

k-hawinkler

For some reason it does not work with my lenses the Sony 35 1.4 and my 2 Batis lens. I must have something wrong in settings. Could use advice like to try it
Sony Alpha a7Rii Amazing Eyeball Focusing In ... - YouTube
Video for eye af on a7rii by gary fong on youtube▶ 3:58
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7_Nwq5o9-s
Aug 9, 2015 - Uploaded by Gary Fong
... is the Sony a7Rii's "Eye-AF" in Continuous (otherwise known as 'serv... ... an ...

ohnri

Sony Alpha a7Rii Amazing Eyeball Focusing In ... - YouTube
Video for eye af on a7rii by gary fong on youtube▶ 3:58
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7_Nwq5o9-s
Aug 9, 2015 - Uploaded by Gary Fong
... is the Sony a7Rii's "Eye-AF" in Continuous (otherwise known as 'serv... ... an ...
His video is the one I used to figure it out.

It works really well with my 35/1.4

In fact, it works well with all my FE lenses.

Make certain you are on AF-A or AF-C.

It will not work on AF-S.

--Bill

Guy Mancuso

Thanks folks. I'll give it a try

Like to try it on my grandson, he is just about a standing moment away from walking. I'm babysitting today if he does I'm not telling my daughter. She'll be pissed it's not on her watch. LOL

V

Vivek

Thanks folks. I'll give it a try

Like to try it on my grandson, he is just about a standing moment away from walking. I'm babysitting today if he does I'm not telling my daughter. She'll be pissed it's not on her watch. LOL
In that case forget the stills and shoot video! :lecture: :)

bdp

Guy don't forget to turn Smile/Face Detect ON in the first menu tab item 7. I think it's off by default.

Ben

Guy Mancuso

Thank you I did catch that when I googled it. I also set up on the AEL button as well since I really never use that anyway. Now I'm guessing can I just leave face detection on all the time and only works in this mode. I set it to be non specific person.

Looks to be pretty cool. I understand you need to be kind of close too. This also maybe a great way to do studio head shots.

bdp

Yep, pretty close. I think it couldn't be relied upon for a bride down the aisle or catwalk stuff - too much risk of the subject turning her head away and the camera freaking out. The Lock-On AF would be better for stuff like this I reckon.

Ben