The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone test the 35/2.8 against the 35/1.4?

iiiNelson

I would happily choose both of the Sony 35 lenses. Sure the 2.8 is much smaller, more stealthy and cheaper. But the 1.4 must simply be a bummer.

I myself owned a 1.4 Distagon ZF.2 on my Nikon D800E and it delivered. Now this new Sony Distagon is especially designed for the FE mount and thus I have no doubt about overall quality and stellar IQ.

I am currently not in the FE system, but seriously considering to enter with the AZrII, and then the 1.4/35 will be a no brainer for me. Maybe even in combination with the 2.8/35, just to have some kind of "body cap" lens.
If you can only afford one I tell people to choose the 35/1.4 FE. If you can swing it then I'd choose the 35 Loxia for my personal shots or the 28 FE if you have budget concerned.