The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII & Leitz 135mm f/3.4 Apo M

JKNIGHT

The Leitz 135mm Apo M plays beautifully with the Sony A7RII. Small, light, great color, in camera stabilization and very sharp over the entire frame.
Reasonable used prices on Ebay.

Viramati

The Leitz 135mm Apo M plays beautifully with the Sony A7RII. Small, light, great color, in camera stabilization and very sharp over the entire frame.
Reasonable used prices on Ebay.
I presume you are talking about the apo-telyt 135/3.4 and if so I agree it is indeed a fantastic lens. I also have the 90 elmarit-M f2.8 which is also marvellous and a real bargain.

jrp

Agreed, that it's a great lens. There does seem to be a bit of purple fringing wide open, but that soon goes, stopped down. I don't know whether it's the lens hood, or my adapter, but there was some corner vignetting in the last set that I took.

k-hawinkler

Agreed, that it's a great lens. There does seem to be a bit of purple fringing wide open, but that soon goes, stopped down. I don't know whether it's the lens hood, or my adapter, but there was some corner vignetting in the last set that I took.
Thanks. Which adapter do you use?
I have several adapters that vignette a bit for lenses longer than about 90 mm.

uhoh7

Here it is on the kolari A7:

DSC09466 by unoh7, on Flickr

and on the M9:

High Folds by unoh7, on Flickr

I think for most users the question is: what is the best use of 2300USD?

After all, for about 90USD you can find a very good Canon LTM 135/3.5, which is 50 grams lighter and quite sharp. This is not to mention the many 270 gram SLR 135s (the telyt weighs about 450 grams)
Here is the Canon, which is very easy to take apart and clean, too:

DSC01562 by unoh7, on Flickr

I have a telyt APO and use it often for the M9, but not sure I would bite the bullet for use with the Sony. Again the Leica, last night, in heavy smoke:

Barr Shoulder by unoh7, on Flickr

and just last week (not a crop):

Mooooose by unoh7, on Flickr

with the SHOOC:

image by unoh7, on Flickr

jrp

Thanks. Which adapter do you use?
I have several adapters that vignette a bit for lenses longer than about 90 mm.
The first version Voigtlander, I think. It seems OK on the 135mm in the sense that the infinity seems to be close to the marked infinity with that lens. With wider lenses, infinity can be as close as 5m marked.

uhoh7

The first version Voigtlander, I think. It seems OK on the 135mm in the sense that the infinity seems to be close to the marked infinity with that lens. With wider lenses, infinity can be as close as 5m marked.
What I like about the Hawks adapters: infinity can be adjusted, and they are half the weight of the voigtlanders.

V

Vivek

The best is the one that does not focus. There are many simple/effective/inexpensive adapters available.