The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will we ever see leaf shutter lenses for the A7R II?

With the A7R II being similar in quality to "some" Medium Format digital, is there any chance of Zeiss ever releasing a set of leaf shutter lenses for the Sony A7 series?

They have the technical know ho to do so right? Or would this eat into RX1/RX2 sales?

For me, the RX1/RX2 is a no go for incorporating leaf shutter flash work as the focal length is too restricted.. If they made a series of conversion lenses for the RX2 that enabled a wider FOV and a longer FOV (24mm/28mm, 35mm, 50mm) then I would be in fa shure!

V

Vivek

With EFCS and electronic shutter features, this is redundant. You might ask about higher sync speeds- you use system flashes with HSS feature.

I do not see any chance of leaf shutter happening.

iiiNelson

I agree with Vivek. There's a very limited market for leaf shutter lenses but I'd welcome them if they made them.

jlm

Workshop Member
being a bit of a luddite, I'm not sure what the use/value of the EFC shutter is, or even what it is compared to the standard electronic shutter in the camera
tia for the enlightenment

Thanks for the responses...

Will just have to wait for the RX2 and hope that Sony come out a wide and tele converter to make it a complete kit for flash work..

:)