The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

docmaas

We're on a fast drive across the US in Canton, TX with 1200 miles to go by Thurs. night. Stopped at Colorado Lake outside Colorado City, TX for a walk this morning and took a few shots.

The first is beavertail cactus trunk

The rest are some flower or other. don't know the names.

Mike

docmaas

Mike, Just curious which lens did you use?
28-85 vario sonnar. Most at 85mm and either f8 or f3.3.

It's the only lens I have right now. The siggy is in the box awaiting a return to Amazon and the 400mm telyt won't come out until I want to take the time to set it up again.

Thinking hard about getting the Minolta 200 f2.8 APO and a 2x TC to replace the Leica. The leica has a slide focus that is just a little too far away for me to use comfortably.

Mike

edwardkaraa

28-85 vario sonnar. Most at 85mm and either f8 or f3.3.

It's the only lens I have right now. The siggy is in the box awaiting a return to Amazon and the 400mm telyt won't come out until I want to take the time to set it up again.

Thinking hard about getting the Minolta 200 f2.8 APO and a 2x TC to replace the Leica. The leica has a slide focus that is just a little too far away for me to use comfortably.

Mike
I should have recognized the Zeiss color :eek:

I see what you mean about the Telyt, it is a monster of a lens. I'm sure you would get better results with the 70-400G than with 200mm + converter though.

docmaas

I should have recognized the Zeiss color :eek:

I see what you mean about the Telyt, it is a monster of a lens. I'm sure you would get better results with the 70-400G than with 200mm + converter though.
Perhaps but at what weight penalty? I handled the 70-400 in HK and might have bought it had I not discovered that my camera wouldn't recognize the lens. Still have to resolve that issue.

The minolta 200mm f2.8 APO does have an excellent reputation though and at 725gm starts off pretty light. It won't be as versatile as a full range zoom but a lot more compact and light.

thanks,

Mike

Jeffg53

Thanks Bill. I find that I can swap between the Zeiss on the Sony and FujiBlad lenses on the H3D without feeling that I am losing anything, other than a load of pixels.

Cheers,

Jeff

kuau

Workshop Member
Great images Steven and Shelby.

Steven how I envy you having these great locations right on you doorstep so to speak. We were there in Arizona last year and really enjoyed the whole region. A photo at every turn. Must return with the a900 one day.

Shelby you are really getting to grips with the a900 and Sigma 50/1.4.
Thanks Dave,
I just moved to Arizona last month so I am discovering all the great places to photograph. Now I am ready to roll, I got my CZ 24-70 finally can't wait to try it out. Still trying to get use to the CZ 16-35, requires a lot of thought when using such a wide lens

Steven

P

panyawong

As a long time Zeiss user, I was happy with this one from a CZ24-70.
Jeffg53;

I like the contrasting tone/mood between what look like rain clouds and the foreground in your picture. Very nice image.

Panya