The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

wayne_s

You should try the old Minolta Rokkor 58 1.2 which has excellent bokeh and sharpness wide open and has great Leica like colors. It is a close 2nd to the NOCT-Nikkor 58 1.2 with very similar design. It is an exceptional environmental portrait lens.
Minolta pioneered some unique lens technology back in the past, STF(smooth transition focus) and VFC(variable field curvature), etc. Even called Leica of the East.
The Rokkor files website is a nice read on these old Minolta lenses.

Thank you David
Yes - they don't quite have the zing of the zeiss lenses, but these to both have reasonable bokeh and decent colour. They have the advantage of being very small and very light.

jlm

Workshop Member
he he. i was at Calumet for a reason...and thanks jono, those girls are irresitable

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

The wind wasn't too bad today so here are a few Yellow Lady-Slipper orchids which grow like weeds around here in June!

All with the Sigma 70 macro at f18, ISO 320. Still very impressed by this lens.

As a matter of interest, how does one separate pictures on this forum, instead of them abutting each other?

Bill

Last edited:

Terry

he he. i was at Calumet for a reason...
Wow....:ROTFL:

Well as you can see, and as I stated might be the case, your 14-24 didn't stick around too long after my visit to Calumet. I took it out of the box for the "for sale" picture :p.

Braeside

Very nice David. Where were you? Greece?

Hi Edward (and Albert), Thanks both.

That particular shot was taken at Leptis Magna in Libya. We also were in Jordan, Egypt, Crete, Delos, Mykonos, and finally Athens, quite a variety of sights. :thumbup:

More photos from some of those places on my Galleries

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Weather did not pick up here either, so I decided to excercise some stitches at the spot where I go with my dog every day. Today was rather unpleasant because of swarms of midges attacking once you stand still for longer than 30 seconds.

One of these days I hope to get this scene in the right light.... 12 stitches, Zeiss 24-70 @24mm, F13.

Interesting stuff with that thumbnail option, I sized it for 30 inch screens.