The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

S

Shelby Lewis

A senior from last night...

BTW... my sony system is up for sale :(... check out the buy/sell forum. Trying to move into medium format finally.

S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby, your style seems so well suited to the new Leica S2 for your MF system.
You wanna pay for it Terry? :D

Style or not, the Leica is not in my future... too much $$$ :ROTFL:

I'm actually probably getting a rz67 ProII and a phamiya for the commercial work and going to shoot a pair 5dmkII cams for wedding work. Don't really want to shoot canon any more, but the studio that I shoot weddings for is all canon, plus they're wanting me to do some cinema (fusion?) as well.

The sony... probably my favorite camera of all time... is going bye bye for one reason... money.

I'd LOVE and S2 (if it ever materializes)

wayne_s

Shelby,
Great work as usuall.
Hope you continue to post here (getdpi) no matter what camera you use.
Thanks for all the inspiring shots.

S

Shelby Lewis

Oh yeah, wayne... not going anywhere. I love this rowdy group of 'togs :D

I might keep posting in the sony forum with newer gear just to raise the ire of a few people. :ROTFL:

dhsimmonds

We see them come and we see them go............bye bye Shelby. I have really enjoyed your images posted on this Sony section and thank you so much for posting them....we shall miss you!:cry:

ryc

Shelby, please share your exposure info on the last image with the sunset and partial face.

Thanks

Eoin

Shelby, I for one will miss your stunning images which showoff the a900 in such a nice way. I'm sure no matter what system you choose you'll make it shine also. But it may be a little less inspirational for me seeing as I won't be able to measure my own meager results against yours on the same system.:toocool:

jonoslack

Shelby
If you like the a900 that much . . . . .

anyway, here are a couple from today with the A900 and the 135 f1.8

Not the same class of course. . . . but fun anyway.

Terry

Trying to figure out if it is a kids b-day party or outdoor wedding (white table cloth). They look good. Love the last one.

jonoslack

Trying to figure out if it is a kids b-day party or outdoor wedding (white table cloth). They look good. Love the last one.
HI Terry
It was a wedding . . . . but I wasn't doing the formal stuff, and there were lots of children around. One of the joys of wedding is that it's okay to take fun pictures of kids.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Here's a few from a walk in the Ontario woods today. The orchid is Queen's Lady-slipper, Cyprepedium Reginae. Sigma 70 mm macro on a900.

The last one was with the 70-400 at 135mm.

Last edited:

MoJo

Registred Users
Jono, that one of the balloons is just stunning! I ordered my Sony on the 4th! will have to post some once it gets in and i get a chance to shoot some.

Bill, that one of the lotus is just gorgeous also, lovely composition..... wouldn't it be nice to see that one printed large!!