The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

J

Jamesmd

Up in the sierra of Madrid for the day

Cheers

James

Last edited:

APY_JR

Jono... LOVE #6. What a pretty thing and you caught her so well!
Looks like you had a great time... kids are such fun:)

Bill... all 3 very nice:) what a great walk!

Albert

APY_JR

Up in the sierra of Madrid for the day

Cheers

James
Hi James!
Very relaxing day it appears to have been!
I can hear the mosquitos:)

I just spent 30 min looking through your galleries... you have some amazing images in there... I loved looking at the world through your eyes!

Thanks for sharing!

Albert

J

Jamesmd

Thanks Albert , great to hear you liked it . I never had shared pics , but , what are they for if not .

Yes , a lot of mosquitos up there and a great siesta too :sleep006:

cheers

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Jono, that one of the balloons is just stunning! I ordered my Sony on the 4th! will have to post some once it gets in and i get a chance to shoot some.

Bill, that one of the lotus is just gorgeous also, lovely composition..... wouldn't it be nice to see that one printed large!!
Funny you should mention that MoJo! It has to be printed large so the dragonfly is truly visible - and it will be!

Thanks to all who commented.

Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

HI Terry
It was a wedding . . . . but I wasn't doing the formal stuff, and there were lots of children around. One of the joys of wedding is that it's okay to take fun pictures of kids.
And boy, did you find great looking kids and make them look so alive. Most enjoyable shots, Jono!
Bill

gilgameshist

One from today...
Sony A900 and Zeiss 135 f1.8 @ F 1.8!!!

Albert

Hi Albert !

It's a beautiful shot ! Lot of things came together.. beautiful color and edge light, shallow DOF from the full aperture and most important is the 'decisive moment'. I enjoy their expression the most. :thumbup:

MG

APY_JR

Albert,
The 135 is a dream!
Hi Terry!

It's an amazing lens!
The bokeh is so beautiful to begin with; then the lens says " here... as a bonus... let me cut your eyeballs with my razor sharp detail & rez qualities":)

Agreed, it's a dream:)

Albert

APY_JR

Hi Albert !

It's a beautiful shot ! Lot of things came together.. beautiful color and edge light, shallow DOF from the full aperture and most important is the 'decisive moment'. I enjoy their expression the most. :thumbup:

MG
Hi MG!

I'm amazed sometimes at how well light wraps around subjects. I primarily use a flash when shooting back/side lit subjects so I was happy with lighting here sans flash.

Their expressions make me want to ask them "what are you two talking about and planning to do?"

One of my favorite lenses to use is the Nikon 70-200 VR either on the Kodak 14Nx or the Nikon D3.
This 135 f1.8 is fast becoming it's replacement:)

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the shot!

Albert

J

Jamesmd

Hi , here are some experiments with planes .

Do you think it looks good or is it rubbish ?

be honest , no problem :thumbup:

when you start fiddling you normally overdo it at beginning

cheers

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Lots of great images from the Sony. I'm jealous.

I hope you don't mind, but I noticed a photo of a plane I just happen to have an image of. It's the North American AT-6 Harvard (Texan). I thought it might be fun to see one flying (in Royal Canadian Air Force markings). This is from a couple years ago at an air show. If I'm not mistaken, it was a trainer for many of the Allied Air Forces.

Cheers!
Tim

p.s. Apologies for polluting your Sony thread with a Nikon image :eek: