The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

T

tripper

As the new boy here I would like to share this.

The Dog Listener

jonoslack

Hi David
What Lovely light. and a beautiful black and white conversion (care to share how).

Tripper - your dogs are priceless, I trust they always whisper ;-)

Andree - lovely photo of tragedy leaning on the rocks, it could almost be Cornwall (although she might be a bit over-dressed).

In case you didn't see this in the 'heart' thread. I thought I'd cross-post this innocent macro:

with Zony 100mm macro at f2.8

T

tripper

Oh No ! it's those pesky dogs again.

A100 Minolta 28-75 D @ f/2.8 | 40mm | 0.25s | iso100

Being incredibily naughty by 'dossing' on the sofa. Their reflection caught in a glass top table.

tripper

Braeside

Hi David
What Lovely light. and a beautiful black and white conversion (care to share how).
Thanks Jono, that photo was taken with the Sony A700 and CZ16-80.

Processed in Aperture, just cropped, increased contrast and slight levels change then Monochrome Orange filter applied, as well as a touch of vignetting.

No Nik plugins yet, though I am tempted, but waiting to see what Aperture 3 brings first. :)

jonoslack

Thanks Jono, that photo was taken with the Sony A700 and CZ16-80.

Processed in Aperture, just cropped, increased contrast and slight levels change then Monochrome Orange filter applied, as well as a touch of vignetting.

No Nik plugins yet, though I am tempted, but waiting to see what Aperture 3 brings first. :)
Aperture 3?!
I'm excited already - any idea when it's due?

Braeside

I'm just guessing Jono, it has been very quiet on the Aperture front for a while, so hopefully soon, but I honestly don't know as Apple keep it all under wraps, unlike Adobe and Lightroom.

jonoslack

I'm just guessing Jono, it has been very quiet on the Aperture front for a while, so hopefully soon, but I honestly don't know as Apple keep it all under wraps, unlike Adobe and Lightroom.
As you say. Actually, I'm pretty happy with it as it is . . I'd like support for my D-lux4, and I suppose I'd like the plug in model to be non-destructive (so that it doesn't create .tif files all the time

However, Silver efex pro is a complete blast - and I really can't see that they can implement that sort of functionality. If you haven't used it, dowload the trial and have a play, you'll be gobsmacked!

Braeside

I have tried Viveza and it was great Jono. I want to see if the next iteration of Aperture supports non destructive round trip editing and maybe localised adjustments within Aperture.

Although my newer lenses for FF don't suffer from so much CA and distortion, I still miss a built-in tool to correct for this, at present I have to use PT-Lens plug-in, but again that involves a TIFF file from round trip.

I also find Aperture a bit slow at times, quite frustrating when Lightroom flies along by comparison, though I much prefer the whole Aperture design.

So, I'm just hoping that the silence from Apple means that they have got their heads down and are going to come out with something to make Adobe sit up.

Braeside

Just playing around inside with the sun from the window.
A900 CZ24-70 cropped quite a bit and high contrast.

G

Goldencode

My first post...spent 10 days in Kruger Park South Africa. Incredible beyond words. All pics with a Sony a700 with either a Minolta 200 f2.8 G or
Minolta 400 f4.5 G. Both lenses are superb !
Lusting for some of that new Zeiss glass !

Hope this works...enjoy !

Tom

Leopard..seeing a wild leopard was the most incredible wildlife encounter I've ever had !

Big Ellie little birdie.

Baboon eyes

Two Kings....

a Favorite...baboons are so fun to watch !

One Tough Buff....

Buff always look mad at you like you owe them money...the most feared large animal in Africa.

Thanks for looking !

Tom

Braeside

Thanks Woody

Here is something different from me, taken with my old Sony A100 and CZ16-80, this is an HDR image processed in PhotoMatix. (4 shots)