The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Sony . . . .

S

Shelby Lewis

couple of candids from just before dinner this evening...

my oldest son by window light @ dusk (rainy here!):

my dad and my better half... cooking away for the family:

APY_JR

Incredible detail, Albert :) Somehow you seem to extract the max from the system (as you did when you used the Kodak)

Quentin
Thanks Quentin!

I've had pretty good success so far with Capture 1 ver 4.

Seems to eek the detail out of these files pretty well... plus I use a little Focus Magic on the lightness channel in LAB mode.

hope all is well!

Albert

dhsimmonds

A couple of shots taken at our local county spring fair.
1. English Scurry racing
2. Portrait of a Harris Hawk

Both with the Sony G 70-300, a lens I have neglected a bit.

Last edited:

jonoslack

A couple of shots taken at our local county spring fair.
1. English Scurry racing
2. Portrait of a Harris Hawk

Both with the Sony G 70-300, a lens I have neglected a bit.
Lovely Dave
I think it's a fine lens (for the price etc. etc.) Next time that nice Edward whinges about it just give him a slap with the Harris Hawk :ROTFL:

dhsimmonds

Jono- thanks, yes given the price the 70-300 is OK and nice and light to carry around. I like the cockerel!

At what aperture did you shoot that one at as I find that this lens has an amazing depth of field when shooting at a distance as soon as I stop down more than F5.5. I did not expect this with a full frame sensor. It's not a problem it is just a case of me getting to know the lens/camera!

Nice shots Shelby, which lens did you use for these?

S

Shelby Lewis

Nice shots Shelby, which lens did you use for these?
Thanks!

Sigma 50/1.4... I believe all at f/2 (which I find to be a good aperture for that lens). I have to admit, I'm still struggling with focus with the sigma and trying to figure out if it's (1) me still learning the alpha focusing system or (2) if the lens is just not as consistent as OEM stuff. When it's on, it's GREAT... but getting it "on" is low light has been problematic. Focus shift at various distances is (I think) a characteristic of this lens... but it goes away at smaller apertures (due to DoF)

In good light... it's stellar.

S

Shelby Lewis

thought I'd post one more workup from the e-session about a week ago... this was a "hand-off" gig where I shot for another photographer and then handed off the files... so I've not dug into them like I would for my own studio.

LOVE the DR of the a900

BackToSlr

Hi,

Newbie here, love the wonderful postings from the folks here.

Here are a couple of old pictures with A700 and the kit lens (18-70) in a marshland bird sanctuary in a wobbly boat in Nalasarovar, India.

And this one with 200 G @f4 with 1.4x converter

and the wobbly boat

Thanks,

N

helenhill

Shelby: The First two shots about the Yard are LOVELY...

Backtoslr: The Colors in the first two shots are Stunning

WOW Mike
I REALLY LOVE THE 'LOOK' bleach bypass...tres Coool :cool: