Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ideal camera bag for the A7RII kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Ideal camera bag for the A7RII kit

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Sounds to me that any bag that would suffice for a Leica M kit is worthy of consideration here too.
    Not really. E-mount lenses are generally larger than M-mount lenses, and are more the size of DSLR lenses. Although the a7-system bodies are small-ish, the lens complement tends to be big, requiring a larger bag. I'd agree if one were only interested in a bag that would hold the camera with one lens mounted and one extra lens. The A&A 7100 is a good example of the latter.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We all have bags we love - apparently as much as we love cameras!

My perspective:

Domke - light weight - not much protection but a great shooting bag - I have two different sizes that I have had for many years and both get used depending on how much I want to carry. These seem to get the most use when I am specifically going out to shoot.

Billingham (I seem to have too many). Fantastic bags - expensive and look it (that might be an negative) - last forever - great protection but a little heavy - great storage and transport.

Think Tank - I have only owned one (now sold) and while it was very well built I thought it was less adaptable than the ones above. Others seem to love them and I may have just made an unfortunate choice (for me)

Wotancraft - I want a Ryker but certainly can not justify it with everything else I have.

Others- so many choice and so little time

Jim
    Last edited by JMaher; 8th September 2015 at 17:23.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, this has been a great thread.

I just got back from a very exciting trip to Iceland (my second one in two years) - but more about that later.

I found that I really missed a small bag to carry on the hikes away from our vehicle. I had the Billingham vest on and carried two lenses in it, one in each side pocket and one lens mounted on the A7R2. With filters, batteries, gloves etc it became quite a chore and the vest was absolutely fantastic, it took everything I threw at it and still had room for more.

However, it would really have been much easier if I had a smallish bag with capacity for 2-3 lenses and the A7R2 could then hang from my Black Rapid as it did.

As others have pointed out, the E-mount lenses are quite a bit bigger than Leica M mount ones, especially the 85 Batis and the 16-35. The hoods are large and make it difficult.

So I ordered the Hadley small yesterday.

I must say the Wotencraft Ryker is looking very appealing too, the finish and style is quite interesting. Will wait to see how the Hadley works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
    Tried out the Ona Union Street over the weekend and a little small for my kit. Very tempted by the Wotancraft Ranger though. $US499 is the only thing giving me pause.
    The Ranger appears to be a a very attractive bag. However, I can't understand why anyone would want use a bag for a Sony A7R kit that weighs close to 5.5 pounds before you put any camera equipment in it. A Sony A7RII, the FE 24-70mm zoom, the FE 55 f/1.8 and the FE 70-200 zoom together weigh 4.8 pounds.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am gravitating towards camera bags that don't LOOK like camera bags.

There has been an uptick of cameras being strong armed away from photographers/tourists, sometimes also including assaults. Recently a tourist got his camera yanked ONE BLOCK from a huge tourist spot in SF (nice neighborhood too). He ran after the perps (bad idea) and got shot for the effort. Clearly, thugs are targeting nice looking cameras, maybe as a result of smart phones being worthless when stolen.

So, no more "steal me" bags for me.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    I am gravitating towards camera bags that don't LOOK like camera bags.

There has been an uptick of cameras being strong armed away from photographers/tourists, sometimes also including assaults. Recently a tourist got his camera yanked ONE BLOCK from a huge tourist spot in SF (nice neighborhood too). He ran after the perps (bad idea) and got shot for the effort. Clearly, thugs are targeting nice looking cameras, maybe as a result of smart phones being worthless when stolen.

So, no more "steal me" bags for me.
    So we must walk around with a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag, and never pull a camera out of the bag for fear of being robbed. No thanks. I'll stay in North Carolina.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago I bought a Thinktank Urban Approach 10. I have 2 other TTs and was satisfied with them but even though the UA 10 fit my gear perfectly (indeed the ads show it with my kit) the bag just seemed "sterile" and totally lacking in "soul." So I returned it unused.

Now I read this thread and get exposed to a few really nice bags I've never heard of and pffft! I find myself with another case of bag-want, complete with an associated case of bag-indecision. I think I need to take a chill pill and see if this forum software has a blocking feature for an entire thread. Aaargh...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    So we must walk around with a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag, and never pull a camera out of the bag for fear of being robbed. No thanks. I'll stay in North Carolina.

Joe
    Well, that's overstating it. All I'm saying is many camera bags just scream camera bag. Most of the newer designs do not.

Strong arm robberies don't occur in NC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    The Ranger appears to be a a very attractive bag. However, I can't understand why anyone would want use a bag for a Sony A7R kit that weighs close to 5.5 pounds before you put any camera equipment in it. A Sony A7RII, the FE 24-70mm zoom, the FE 55 f/1.8 and the FE 70-200 zoom together weigh 4.8 pounds.
    I think that I am a bag addict and I love the look of the Ranger also. If the bag weighs more, then I just have to get fitter to carry it, and that is how I like to live my life. If you can't carry 11 pounds then you won't get that bag. If like me you can carry 11pounds/5kgs then you will. If we all wanted the same bag then that would be problematic
    David
    Auckland, NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
    I think that I am a bag addict and I love the look of the Ranger also. If the bag weighs more, then I just have to get fitter to carry it, and that is how I like to live my life. If you can't carry 11 pounds then you won't get that bag. If like me you can carry 11pounds/5kgs then you will. If we all wanted the same bag then that would be problematic
    It's all about values. The "style" of a camera bag is way down the list of the considerations that are important to me in evaluating a camera bag. I think the last reason why I would undertake a more vigorous exercise program is so that I can carry a better looking camera bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    Well, that's overstating it. All I'm saying is many camera bags just scream camera bag. Most of the newer designs do not.

Strong arm robberies don't occur in NC?
    Just a bit of sarcasm. No offense intended. We are a bit spoiled, with relatively low crime rates and fewer cases of street "strong arm" robberies (http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Carolina.html). Being a largely rural state, our urban centers tend to be smaller, with fewer pedestrians and tourists, compared to San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc. Lately, there have been more car break-ins, with items in plain sight stolen (laptops, smartphones, jewelry, etc.). When I travel to the NC coast or the mountains, I usually don't have to worry about theft, but am conscious of my surroundings and don't leave my gear unattended. I also insure all my gear for its replacement value.

Having traveled and photographed all over the world, I understand the need to be inconspicuous. Usually I carry a nondescript black backpack (for DSLR and medium-format), but lately have been shopping (as has Pradeep) for a shoulder bag for my Sony mirrorless kit. This thread has helped immeasurably. I'm going to try the Billingham Hadley Pro and the Wotancraft Ryker and don't mind the weight of either bag. I'll be selling a Gura Gear Bataflae to keep the bag shelf "balanced" and my conscience clean.

Thanks to those [enablers] who have offered suggestions and photos of their bags.

Joe

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maybe interested in the guru bag. I need a system bag. Trying to stay small as much as possible but need 2 cameras, 5 lenses and maybe even 2 flashes bag. Mostly for gigs type of bag. I'm usually after function than style bag whore.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Maybe interested in the guru bag. I need a system bag. Trying to stay small as much as possible but need 2 cameras, 5 lenses and maybe even 2 flashes bag. Mostly for gigs type of bag. I'm usually after function than style bag whore.
    Guy,
    I found an inexpensive suitcase at Costco. Its carry-on size with wheels. The newer kind with a wheel set at each corner so it can stand up on them.
    I put lenses, bodies, speedlites into it, each in a foam padded sleeve. The gels, batteries (in their own pouch) and other ancillary stuff goes into the zippered topside. I then use the Domke J-803 to carry the two or three essential lenses and stuff. It will also hold the camera with lens and two others.

Easy to move everything around. Have what I need for the job and still stay light and mobile when shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought many bags over the years, along with many cameras and my quest for the perfect bag continues, just like for the perfect camera. Unfortunately these are both never-ending. I blame the rigors of age and the absolutely unpredictable and inane airline policies wrt carry-on baggage rules.

I have gone through the TT Airport Security, both v1.0 and 2.0, Airport International and after sacrificing all at the 'check your carry-on bag' bins, settled on the Airport Airstream. However, empty, the bag still weighs a hefty 10 lbs! No good if you are only carrying the Sony cameras. So it now sits in the basement along with the others.

I've also tried Gura Gear Kiboko and Bataflae 32L both being too big to carry without rollers (at least for me, when fully loaded with the big Canon bodies and glass). Since I sold my 600 though, I've moved on to the 18L. This is just about right (weighs only 3.5lb empty) and that's what I've been taking with me, I can carry it even fully loaded and it does manage a lot. However, it is painful to use in the field on a hike, you have to keep taking it off and putting it on the ground. It is great for Africa where you are always in the vehicle.

So back to the Billingham Hadley small. Hopefully this one will not only be functional but stylish and durable. It weighs only 1.5 lbs and thus with my typical landscape rig - the A7R2, Batis 25 and 85, 16-35 f4 and possibly 55 1.8 (if it can take them all), my total weight would be from 5.8 to 6.7 lbs, which I think is not too bad. All depends upon how easy it is to take things in and out and to carry the bag slung over the shoulder.

I remain optimistic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm going to try the Billingham Hadley Pro and the Wotancraft Ryker and don't mind the weight of either bag.

Joe
    Let us know what you think of the Ryker as it looks like a nice alternative.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
    So back to the Billingham Hadley small. Hopefully this one will not only be functional but stylish and durable. It weighs only 1.5 lbs and thus with my typical landscape rig - the A7R2, Batis 25 and 85, 16-35 f4 and possibly 55 1.8 (if it can take them all), my total weight would be from 5.8 to 6.7 lbs, which I think is not too bad. All depends upon how easy it is to take things in and out and to carry the bag slung over the shoulder.
    Pradeep, like you I own and love the Gura Gear Bataflae 18L. Great for hiking and travel, but a bitch for walk-around photography.

I ordered both the Billingham Hadley Pro and Hadley Small from Amazon, knowing that I could return either. The Small was...well...small. Tiny in fact. With the size of the a7RII and 2-3 lenses, it was simply too small for my needs. I'm now evaluating the Hadley Pro versus the Wotancraft Ryker. Stay tuned.

YMMV.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

my typical landscape rig - the A7R2, Batis 25 and 85, 16-35 f4 and possibly 55 1.8 (if it can take them all)
    It probably won't. One lens on the camera, plus two more, is about it. (The 55mm might fit in one of the front pockets, but they are unpadded.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy, if you want something practical I can recommend this bag from Home Depot. Husky 14 in. Rolling Tool Tote-GP-44316AN13 - The Home Depot

It's definitely a gig bag (with no sex appeal) but it's tough, it rolls and holds a lot. Also inexpensive. $60.00

I own one and it goes from my car to a location when I need to carry a lot -rolls down the street and over grass with no problem. I even stuff mine with a light stand and modifier when it is being rolled around.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post
    Guy, if you want something practical I can recommend this bag from Home Depot. Husky 14 in. Rolling Tool Tote-GP-44316AN13 - The Home Depot

It's definitely a gig bag (with no sex appeal) but it's tough, it rolls and holds a lot. Also inexpensive. $60.00

I own one and it goes from my car to a location when I need to carry a lot -rolls down the street and over grass with no problem. I even stuff mine with a light stand and modifier when it is being rolled around.

Jim
    Now thats a gig bag for sure. Love it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    Guy,
    I found an inexpensive suitcase at Costco. Its carry-on size with wheels. The newer kind with a wheel set at each corner so it can stand up on them.
    I put lenses, bodies, speedlites into it, each in a foam padded sleeve. The gels, batteries (in their own pouch) and other ancillary stuff goes into the zippered topside. I then use the Domke J-803 to carry the two or three essential lenses and stuff. It will also hold the camera with lens and two others.

Easy to move everything around. Have what I need for the job and still stay light and mobile when shooting.
    On my last two trips I too carried a roller suitcase and the Gura Gear Chobe. The roller can be compartmented(?) with dividers from other bags and the lenses and bodies do stay safe inside Lenscoat pouches. Makes a great combo with the Chobe on top, rolling along merrily all over a large airport.

However, the problem starts in the field.

If you are in a vehicle in Africa, shooting at a frantic pace, changing lenses and cameras, things do not stay well separated in the roller and there is usually no time to put everything back in their sleeves and the dividers fall apart.

If you are on a hike it is even worse. Cannot take the roller anywhere and have to resort to carrying things separately in another bag.

A compromise solution (which some friends have tried) is to put a medium/large Bataflae type bag in your checked suitcase, take the roller on board, and at destination transfer things to the Bataflae. However, I found I could not fit the backpack in the suitcase without losing a lot of space. So it is back to the drawing board.

There is no easy answer. We are trying to fit the maximum amount of weight in the lightest and smallest possible bag with the ability to weather every possible stress and survive.

Post Thanks / Like

Pradeep, like you I own and love the Gura Gear Bataflae 18L. Great for hiking and travel, but a bitch for walk-around photography.

I ordered both the Billingham Hadley Pro and Hadley Small from Amazon, knowing that I could return either. The Small was...well...small. Tiny in fact. With the size of the a7RII and 2-3 lenses, it was simply too small for my needs. I'm now evaluating the Hadley Pro versus the Wotancraft Ryker. Stay tuned.

YMMV.

Joe
    Uh oh! Might be a problem then Joe.

Will just wait and see when it arrives. Be interested in your evaluation of the Pro vs the Ryker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEvangelist View Post
    It probably won't. One lens on the camera, plus two more, is about it. (The 55mm might fit in one of the front pockets, but they are unpadded.)
    There is one thing that goes in my favor. I always wear my Billingham photo vest in the field.

This past week in Iceland for example, I had the A7R2 on a BR strap with a lens attached - usually the Batis 25. Additionally, I had the Pentax 645z on another BR strap on one side, with the 45-85 lens on it (I was wearing the dual strap). Often this would be quite enough for a long hike and doing waterfalls. I had the RRS tripod with the Cube on top and had no problems overall.

I also had the following items in my vest.

Two additional lenses - usually the Batis 85 and the 16-35 f4
    My iPhone 6+
    Small Moleskine notebook and pen
    Four A7R2 batteries and two Pentax batteries
    Two additional SD cards
    Giotto rocket blower, small microfiber cloth, lenspen
    Smartwool balaclava (for when it got really windy)
    Pair of Heatsmart gloves - unless I was wearing them
    Singh-Ray 10 stop ND filter in its case
    Lee 0.6 and 0.9 GND filters in a cloth pouch
    Lee filter holder with 67mm and 72mm rings
    Small Allen wrench
    Sony lens back cap and camera cap in case I had to take the lens off the camera.
    Packet of gum
    Small ziploc bag with a few of my favorite teabags
    Small rain cover in a pouch.

Believe it or not, the vest had room for more!

The only problem I had was it was not easy to take the lenses in and out of the vest pockets and I was afraid of dropping them especially when wearing gloves. Also, there was nowhere to put the camera if it started raining. In addition, I had to be very careful climbing in and out of the vehicle and negotiating the lava rocks in case I bumped the cameras against something.

So, at least for me, the Hadley Small may be quite adequate.

Post Thanks / Like

On my last two trips I too carried a roller suitcase and the Gura Gear Chobe. The roller can be compartmented(?) with dividers from other bags and the lenses and bodies do stay safe inside Lenscoat pouches. Makes a great combo with the Chobe on top, rolling along merrily all over a large airport.

However, the problem starts in the field.

If you are in a vehicle in Africa, shooting at a frantic pace, changing lenses and cameras, things do not stay well separated in the roller and there is usually no time to put everything back in their sleeves and the dividers fall apart.

If you are on a hike it is even worse. Cannot take the roller anywhere and have to resort to carrying things separately in another bag.

A compromise solution (which some friends have tried) is to put a medium/large Bataflae type bag in your checked suitcase, take the roller on board, and at destination transfer things to the Bataflae. However, I found I could not fit the backpack in the suitcase without losing a lot of space. So it is back to the drawing board.

There is no easy answer. We are trying to fit the maximum amount of weight in the lightest and smallest possible bag with the ability to weather every possible stress and survive.
    For my recent Africa trip, I brought an A7RII, an A7R, the Sony A Mount 70-400 zoom, the Sony FE 70-200 and the Sony FE 24-70. I put everything into an Osprey daypack that had no separate compartments for cameras and lenses but weighed next to nothing and I carried it on board all of the flights. After I arrived at each camp, I pulled out the A7RII and attached the 70-400 zoom. I put the 24-70 on the A7R and threw it back in the Osprey pack with my binoculars. I carried the A7RII with the 70-400 zoom back and forth to the Safari vehicles. Once inside the vehicles, I pulled the A7R out of the Osprey and left it on the seat next to me with the A7RII. I shot 95% of the time with the A7RII and rarely had occasion to use the shorter zoom. The 70-200 zoom served as a backup.
    This would not have worked with a FF Nikon or Canon system.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard it mentioned yet, so I'll throw in a vote for the "Bare Bones Bag - Evolution," or BBB-E.

http://figitalrevolution.com/bare-bo...s-rangefinder/

It's a made-to-order bag that I find perfect for my A7r and a couple of lenses (or more if they're smallish). It's light (1 pound), durable (I've used mine for 3 years and it's still going strong), and doesn't look like a camera bag. It's got a nice long strap for tallish people, but if it didn't you could always ask the creator to add one.

Definitely worth a look if you're looking for something light and inconspicuous.
    Tom
    Flickr Photostream

Post Thanks / Like

Just a bit of sarcasm. No offense intended. We are a bit spoiled, with relatively low crime rates and fewer cases of street "strong arm" robberies (http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Carolina.html). Being a largely rural state, our urban centers tend to be smaller, with fewer pedestrians and tourists, compared to San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc. Lately, there have been more car break-ins, with items in plain sight stolen (laptops, smartphones, jewelry, etc.). When I travel to the NC coast or the mountains, I usually don't have to worry about theft, but am conscious of my surroundings and don't leave my gear unattended. I also insure all my gear for its replacement value.

Having traveled and photographed all over the world, I understand the need to be inconspicuous. Usually I carry a nondescript black backpack (for DSLR and medium-format), but lately have been shopping (as has Pradeep) for a shoulder bag for my Sony mirrorless kit. This thread has helped immeasurably. I'm going to try the Billingham Hadley Pro and the Wotancraft Ryker and don't mind the weight of either bag. I'll be selling a Gura Gear Bataflae to keep the bag shelf "balanced" and my conscience clean.

Thanks to those [enablers] who have offered suggestions and photos of their bags.

Joe
    No worries at all Joe. I agree with the above.

Tourist meccas will always attract tourists, most have cameras. The same places also attract thieves, who like to pick on tourists (they have expensive stuff, and generally won't wait around for judicial hearings). With most smartphones now locked (and worthless) when they get stolen, the thieves will be looking for other items. Expensive cameras would be a juicy score, so (sadly) we should take that into account when shopping for new bags. Even if you are local, you will STILL look like a tourist if wield a camera.

I don't want to leave the wrong impression - I still make many photography trip to San Francisco, and easily walk around most areas with no fear. The incident I mentioned was unusual enough to land on the front page, but is illustrative of what I was referring to. As an aside - the perps in this case were quickly arrested.

Post Thanks / Like

For my recent Africa trip, I brought an A7RII, an A7R, the Sony A Mount 70-400 zoom, the Sony FE 70-200 and the Sony FE 24-70. I put everything into an Osprey daypack that had no separate compartments for cameras and lenses but weighed next to nothing and I carried it on board all of the flights. After I arrived at each camp, I pulled out the A7RII and attached the 70-400 zoom. I put the 24-70 on the A7R and threw it back in the Osprey pack with my binoculars. I carried the A7RII with the 70-400 zoom back and forth to the Safari vehicles. Once inside the vehicles, I pulled the A7R out of the Osprey and left it on the seat next to me with the A7RII. I shot 95% of the time with the A7RII and rarely had occasion to use the shorter zoom. The 70-200 zoom served as a backup.
    This would not have worked with a FF Nikon or Canon system.

Howard, I am assuming that the two cameras and their attached lenses did not bang against each other while in the bag. Because usually when you have two lenses or cameras in the same bag, even if it is big enough, the jostling and bouncing around that goes on in a typical African safari vehicle is enough to cause damage to the items just from contact, unless you have them in a bag like the Bataflae with separate dividers and slots that you can simply slide the camera or lens into.

Post Thanks / Like

Howard, I am assuming that the two cameras and their attached lenses did not bang against each other while in the bag. Because usually when you have two lenses or cameras in the same bag, even if it is big enough, the jostling and bouncing around that goes on in a typical African safari vehicle is enough to cause damage to the items just from contact, unless you have them in a bag like the Bataflae with separate dividers and slots that you can simply slide the camera or lens into.
    I packed the Sony A Mount zoom in the padded lens case that it came in from LensRentals and put it in the bottom of the Osprey daypack. I did the same with the 24-70 and 70-200 lenses. The camera bodies without lenses were just wrapped in a bit of bubble wrap and put into the daypack. This is how I traveled to and from Africa and between camps. Once I got to a camp, I took out the 70-400 and put it on the A7RII and hand carried it back and forth to the Safari vehicle, leaving the A7R with the 24-70 mounted on it wrapped in a cotton shirt to protect against scratches. In the Safari vehicle, I kept the A7RII either on my lap or on the seat next to me on a folded blanket. I either put the A7R on the same blanket or left it in the Osprey daypack. We had our own Safari vehicle at each camp with private guides, so I had lots of room. You are right about it being a rather rough ride. However, it is MUCH worse if you sit beyond the first row of seats. I tried that a couple of times. It would probably have been even more comfortable in the front row passenger seat, but the vehicles in Zambia had NO doors in the front row. I was astonished, given how close we were to predators both day and night.
    The areas that we visited were surprisingly not that dusty. I probably would have missed a dedicated camera bag to protect my equipment if dust had been a big problem or I was switching between multiple lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm carrying a goodly number of lenses (typically 200mm macro, 135 1.8, 35 1.4, 55 1.8, 28 2.0 and 35 2.8), extra batteries and adapters and other doodads along with the A7S I use a sling bag that allows easy access without putting down the bag. The nicest bonus is that it has a second shoulder strap that converts it into a comfortable back pack for longer trips. Definitely not stylish but very practical. I add a removable box shaped inset pouch to organize and stabilize the lenses.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-DSS.../dp/B00IDYRZ0S
    Regards,
    John
    Sony fanboy, shamelessly shilling for "the man" since 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Think Tank has just made this choice a bit harder -

New small bag aimed directly at the A7 - http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...blackchar.aspx

Leather-trimmed versions of some of their classics - http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...e7leather.aspx
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I may just get the Think Tank Streetwalker Pro. I need a system bag. I had the Streetwalker for years but I could use a little bigger.

Not fancy but functional

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I should lock this thread it just cost me 200 bucks. LOL

I got another TT Streetwalker Pro this time.

Why go the Pro route its the depth I can fit the Minolta 200mm with LA-E4 straight down instead of laying it down. Also I can do the same with my flashes and i could also double stack with the VC15mm and get more space. That one extra inch of depth between the streetwalker and streetwalker Pro gives me a effective extra 2 to 3 lens spots open. Thats huge

I maybe a bag whore but I do my bloody homework on them. LOL

Actually I bought a returned one at Amazon. Im getting cheap these days. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how much of a bag whore I am. Was looking a getting a larger bag so I can carry 3 TSE lenses and maybe a 200 prime with my A7rII and was looking at a Wotancarft, my wife said don't you have that big Crumpler downstairs? Low and behold I have Crumpler 8 million dollar home and it all fits perfectly.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming back full circle!

So the bag arrived yesterday. Looks beautiful and stylish without being too obvious as a camera bag.

I did manage to fit the following in it:

A7rII with both base plate and vertical plate, with the Batis 25 attached (hood reversed).
    Batis 85, hood reversed
    Sony 16-35 f4, hood reversed
    Sony 55 1.8 hood reversed.

All of these in the main compartment, then I have some batteries in the front flaps with the remote control. If I wear my photo vest, the filters etc can go in there.

So basically my entire landscape kit now fits in the Hadley Small. Couldn't be happier.

Post Thanks / Like

I got another TT Streetwalker Pro this time.
    A friend of mine has that pack, but he just calls it "The Whore" because he finds Streetwalker Pro redundant (people raised on 70's and 80's era cop shows will get that).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by freaklikeme View Post
    A friend of mine has that pack, but he just calls it "The Whore" because he finds Streetwalker Pro redundant (people raised on 70's and 80's era cop shows will get that).
    Than its a bargain at 200. LOL

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking for better solution for my Actus, a7, and VC lenses, so I bought this...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=568934&is=REG

What about a little yellow plastic suitcase that floats in salt water and has a built-in pressure control valve doesn't say sexy and stylish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post

Wotancraft - I want a Ryker but certainly can not justify it with everything else I have.

Jim
    Hi Jim.

I never thought I'd pay 375ish for a bag. Then I read alot of threads like this one and realized many are buying multiple bags in search of "the one". That's what happened to me with lenses LOL

I had not spent anything over 40 bucks for a bag. When I got a good look at the Ryker--I have to thank Huff for this--, I thought well, maybe I try to cut to the chase.

I don't regret it. My Raven is used for walks etc, but the Ryker is my work horse and literally goes everywhere with me.

OK I didn't have it here:

L1038897 by unoh7, on Flickr

But it was back at the car, waiting patiently

Probably relived it was under cover LOL

a7m_st_f1c4 (1 of 1) by unoh7, on Flickr
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I can resist - I can resist

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why why why did I look at there website.

This is the one I would want

http://www.wotancraft.com/product.php?pid=14&lan=_en

Post Thanks / Like

Boy that is a gorgeous one. Honestly a steal at that price for what you get and would be easy to resell. Nice shoulder pad too.

Post Thanks / Like

Why, O Why did I look at this post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy, why did you show that..... thats a cool one...I have a Filson but that looks more capable.
    Mike

website under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's nothing this one we can all afford. I might sell all my small bags to get it too. 259 dollars

Trying to figure it's actually size

wotancraft

Need some conversion here

Specs:
    bag exterior --- width 31 x depth 12 x height 23 cm
    insert interior --- width 30 x depth 11 x height 20 cm
    shoulder strap --- adjustable between 90~130 cm
    weight --- bag 0.725 / insert 0.36 / shoulder strap 0.245 kg

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

How do I block this thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What body parts do I have to give up. I'm really low here. Lol

I'm determined to buy one of them. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really taken by this one as a daily carry for my Macbook Pro 15,
    Called the ranger at 449 ... very tempting, I could even use it as a camera bag too! .
    A7II, FE 35, 55 C/Y 18, 28, 85, 100, 28-85

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What body parts do I have to give up. I'm really low here. Lol

I'm determined to buy one of them. Lol

The Scout or the Avenger. The Scout is relatively cheap at 259. I was going to sell my Sling 20 TT I just bought anyway. I might sell my TT bag too. Forget the name. Great little bag but after 40 years I would not mind something sexy looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The ranger is the biggest in the series than the Avenger and followed by the Scout. All looking really nice too. I have a backpack now for the whole system but would love one of these for like body and 3 or 4 lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What I did notice on every one of them is you could go without the insert since it has micro fiber on the interior , you could just use Velcro dividers and pick up more space. I'm not a person that likes a lot of padding. Lenses are tougher than most people think. Bottom pad yes since glass is pointed down but side to side really just need scratch resistance to other glass. Taking out that insert could lead to a additional lens slot. I'm willing to do that.

If I can fit R2 body with lens like the 35 1.4 on , Batis 25 and 85 plus stash my VC 15 in the bag than for me that's a great day bag. Throw the 200mm in the car in its own bag.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the Batis in the flesh yet, but I think the 25,35 and 85 mounted on the camera body you'd be looking toward the Scout or the Avenger. But I'm always drawn back to the Ryker ... I think it's the nicest of all the bags they show, just a little small for those bigger FE lenses.
    A7II, FE 35, 55 C/Y 18, 28, 85, 100, 28-85