The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some incredible news for Contax G fans

The 3rd one! You got that with AF, Chad? :clap:
All with AF, thanks Vivek.

A couple of them 2 & 3 were shot with a waterproof housing and the front element of said housing is really lousy - creating all kinds of haze and blur, so not completely indicative of lens performance but still a nice look.

scho

The Contax G 45 and 90 also still work well in IR. Two shots below taken on a full spectrum converted A7R with the 45 and 90 mounted via the TechArt II adapter. Does not work on my A7RII so guess I'll have to upgrade the adapter to version 3.

45mm Contax G Planar (no filter)

90mm Contax G Sonnar (no filter)

yashima

Hi Show Performance, great news. Can I ask if this improvement in AF only applies for the RII or it applies on the original R as well? Thanks

scho

I want to order one of these. Is this the latest? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Version-III...EX7-A7r-A7S-/311210530872?hash=item487597d838 or do I need to order the one marked DEO. None of them mention optimization for A7rII.
Hi Cindy,

Looks like the correct model (version III). You may need to download the firmware upgrade app for your smartphone to get the latest firmware with support for the A7RII. I ordered the version III adapter from MX Camera directly, but have not received it yet. I can use my older model (II) adapter on the A7R and A7RII, but AF is unreliable so I only use MF mode with that adapter.

scho

A new version of the TechArt firmware for their mkIII Contax G to FE adapter was released today to support the a7R II.

I just installed and it now supports fast PDAF!!! Simply incredible. Fast AF with these Zeiss gems.

Works just like a Metabones adapter and Canon EF lenses would, so you get AF-S and AF-C but no eye-af or tracking. Still, very impressive.
Many thanks Chad for providing the links and instructions for this update. I just received the version III adapter from Lau at MX Camera and ran the version 2 firmware update from my iPhone following your instructions - worked perfectly. I can't believe how fast and accurate the AF is now with both the Contax G 45 & 90. Hope they can fix the close focus bug, but I'm more than happy with this updated adapter using PD AF. :clap: