The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

AF-C with A7RII and 70-200 FE works

dmward

First, its been quite awhile since I tried doing action photography with fast moving subjects.
I had a chance to go out to Autobahn Country Club Saturday. It's a country club for people with fast cars rather than a golf swing. :)

Here is a shot to illustrate what I mean.

It was shot with A7RII, 70-200 F4 FE, ISO 400, 1/125th at F8. The camera was set to AF-C and high speed burst. Lock-on AF: Flexible Spot M. Not every image is sharp. That's panning technique. Its apparent when looking at the images, even those that aren't sharp that the camera focused properly.

This has got to be the ultimate Saturday afternoon drive in the country. ;)

20150829DSC05330.jpg

Autofocus with the 70-200 FE was fantastic at a concert last night. Combined with the great high ISO dynamic range, it was killer (even from the cheap seats)

A7Rii with FE 70-200mm, APS-C crop mode, ISO 800, ƒ6.3

Mark Lindsay (aka Paul Revere & the Raiders)

The Cowsills

dmward

Nice.
People forget that with good stage lighting the ISO, shutter speed and F stop can be manageable.

This one is from a backyard concert. DJ lighting and some PAR type spot bulbs on the ground pointing at them.

ISO 2000 (Auto ISO) 1/60 with OSS on, F4 lens was at 132mm.

Dan Bellyk

Tried a couple of shots at the beach the other day and it worked great! Original size is 7952 X 5304 and cropped size is 5168 X 3448 according to EXIF in LR CC

dmward

This is a important setup for me with runway stuff in APC mode too. Glad to hear this
I always shoot in full frame mode. Then use cropping to enlarge subject and position for composition. Beats doing the in camera cropping, in my view.

Art directors beat shoot loose into my brain when I was a young commercial photographer.