The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII....buttons & dials...help!

gurtch

OK, I am 78 and overwhelmed with the plethora of menues, etc. I went through the menues and set the camera up to use it. Somehow, I installed the level indicator into the middle of the eye level viewfinder, and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. Help! After I get rid of it, there may be times when I would want to have the level in the monitor screen (not the viewfinder), so how can I do this? I want to configure the camera to be as simple as possible: I care about ISO, F stop, and shutter speed. In 1959, I made out very well with a hand held exposure meter, Asahi Pentax model K, Leica M2, and Hasselblad 500c. Sorry for the old man rant, but the Sony menu system was not designed by photographers. I also use Nikon D800e, Pentax 645D, and Sony A900, all are intuitive, but the A7RII dials, menus, and buttons are driving me crazy.
Thanks in advance, and again apologize for the senior rant.
Dave in N J

mbroomfield

Yes, press Display repeatedly to cycle through the various screens. Also in the menu you can turn off screens if you have no need for them. The only 2 screens I use are the level and the histogram. The EVF and LCD are set up separately, so you can choose different screen for each if you want to for some reason.