The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

That's what it looked like earlier today when rain, thunder and lightning started right above me and I went back to my car and left. :grin:

A7r2 + WATE

k-hawinkler

Los Luceros, in operation since 1703, is the oldest continuously operated Hacienda in the State of New Mexico.

The bridge to Los Luceros,

of course, crosses the Los Luceros Ditch, used for irrigation.

The Cottonwood trees are especially stunning in their fall attire.

A7r2 + WATE

k-hawinkler

First shots with newly acquired Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4 on Sony A7r2.

I love the colors and think it's a keeper as it seems pretty sharp all the way to the corners, certainly at larger f-numbers!

scho

First shots with newly acquired Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4 on Sony A7r2.

I love the colors and think it's a keeper as it seems pretty sharp all the way to the corners, certainly at larger f-numbers!
So do I! Nice examples from the 35-70/4. This is my favorite R lens and it performs well on both my A7R-FS and A7RII.

k-hawinkler

So do I! Nice examples from the 35-70/4. This is my favorite R lens and it performs well on both my A7R-FS and A7RII.
Thanks Carl. I can see why this is your favorite R lens. :thumbs:
The 28-90/2.8-4.5 is quite a bit bulkier and prone to flare. :bugeyes:
Next I will shoot the 35-70/4 into the Sun and see how that goes. :grin:

k-hawinkler

Well, well - received my copy this afternoon ... :salute:
Excellent thought Bart. Good luck with that lens.
How do you like it? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

After thinking about it for several years, I finally ordered the Leica Summilux-R 80 mm F/1.4 ROM MF Lens.
Ben Lieberman, alias roguewave on LUF, has shown many, many, many stunning shots with that lens, e.g. here: Home
He has mostly used an R camera and lately a Nikon D800 IIRC.

I got to try that lens, of course on the A7r2! :facesmack:

Michiel Schierbeek

You guys could have bought the Minolta MD 35-70 for 1/10th of the price. It is practicly the same lens made in cooperation with Leica.
It even has a nice big red dot on it! But you snobs prefer the Leica logo :p

V

Vivek

You guys could have bought the Minolta MD 35-70 for 1/10th of the price. It is practicly the same lens made in cooperation with Leica.
It even has a nice big red dot on it! But you snobs prefer the Leica logo :p
It does not feel the same and you know it, Michiel! :lecture:

Michiel Schierbeek

You could have bougt this one all the same. You see the red dot :rolleyes:

The other lens beside it was waiting for its adapter which came today after almost a month's touring around the globe.
(Mamiya shift in Hasselblad mount)