Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Batis 25 and Batis 85 - Availability and Experiences

Post Thanks / Like

Batis 25 and Batis 85 - Availability and Experiences

I thought I'd start a separate thread about these two (apparent) gems. Like many, I have both on order and anxiously await the magical ship notice from B&H.

In the meantime, post here if you've recently gotten your copy(s), along with pertinent details as your source and the date you ordered the lens.

In particular - if you know of a source (usually local stores) that have one of these available, PLEASE let us know! Yesterday I saw a link in dpreview for Popflash (LA store) that had the 85 in stock. I clicked, and sure enough they had one left. However, since I am for California, I did not want to pay the 8-9% sales tax.

And of course, if you are one of the chosen few with either of these lenses, PLEASE let us know your experiences with the lens. Images will be appreciated!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Batis 25 and Batis 85 - Availability and Experiences

Some people have been wanting samples taen with the 25 and 85. Just did a quick walk in the village today for some snap shots since the sun was out.

Anyway, I have posted a few on www.zeissbatis.com if that does not work try this url http://www.zeissimages.com/standardg...=BATIS&showall

Again, just some snapshots. Will get better stuff eventually.

BTW, extremely sharp lenses and very capable.

JT --

CameraPeddler

My Gallery
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking Great JT! Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got a chance to handle a Zeiss Rep's Batis 25 at Samy's here in L.A. this afternoon. Shorter and much lighter than I had imagined. Pretty pretty tempting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You are all lucky, Batis lenses remain a dream for the future in Australia. Our dollar is dropping in value at about the same rate as the ETA stretches out, month at a time. Zeiss appear to be running our Reserve Bank.

I feel like Yossarian building his tally of bombing missions in Catch 22, just as he reaches the magic number, Colonel Cathcart increases the required number of missions before he can go home. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The Batis 25 isn't at all easy to come by where I live, and then only at outrageous prices.

Since I am attending a conference in Las Vegas in October I would love to try and get it there (or nearby ... will rent a car).

Any pointers to availability / price in the area will be much appreciated.

PS: Do you think amazon.com would ship the lens to my hotel, and would they add Nevada taxes to the total?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Within the past two weeks, I have obtained both Batis lenses from my local camera store, Southeastern Camera in Raleigh. After having been on the B&H waiting list for months, I decided to add my name to the waiting list at our local store. It took less than two weeks from being added to the list to get the lenses (first the 25mm and then the 85mm a week later). In each instance, they had received only one lens. They had estimated December availability for the 85mm. While I haven't taken more than a few test shots with each lens, I'm impressed by the sharpness, size, weight and rendering. Definitely Zeiss and definitely worth waiting for.

Joe

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    The Batis 25 isn't at all easy to come by where I live, and then only at outrageous prices.

Since I am attending a conference in Las Vegas in October I would love to try and get it there (or nearby ... will rent a car).

PS: Do you think amazon.com would ship the lens to my hotel, and would they add Nevada taxes to the total?
    Yes on the tax. They have a distribution center like they do in Phoenix
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am based in Ireland and know of a Batis 85 available at a European dealer. Trying to decide between it and the FE 90 2.8 macro. Has anyone experience of both?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post

Check with either your government's or the Nevada tourist board.
    I think there is a provision for refunding sales taxes on items that are purchased for use outside the jurisdiction. i.e. Nevada. Since you are traveling and will be returning with the lens to your home.

Similar to the way we Americans can fill out a form to have EU VAT refunded on items we purchase and take out of the EU.

The bigger issue is availability.

I got notification today that my 85 is shipping from Adorama and I ordered it within hours of its being available for pre-order on their site.

Post Thanks / Like

My Batis 85 arrived yesterday afternoon.
    Took it for a walk this afternoon.
    Here is one I like from the walk. Others are kind of pedestrian.

Had one interesting experience. I shot a handheld 10 frame, two row pano of a house. Just to see how it would work.
    Lightroom did a creditable job stitching it together. Ended up 13300x10300 pixels when cropped. The oddity was that one frame was out of focus. it was the upper left frame which happened to be the farthest point of the house but still, I have camera set so it won't fire unless there is focus confirmation. And it fired for the 5 frame bracket.

David

dmwfotos | davidmward.photography
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Within the past two weeks, I have obtained both Batis lenses from my local camera store, Southeastern Camera in Raleigh. After having been on the B&H waiting list for months, I decided to add my name to the waiting list at our local store. It took less than two weeks from being added to the list to get the lenses (first the 25mm and then the 85mm a week later). In each instance, they had received only one lens. They had estimated December availability for the 85mm. While I haven't taken more than a few test shots with each lens, I'm impressed by the sharpness, size, weight and rendering. Definitely Zeiss and definitely worth waiting for.

Joe
    You're a lucky man Joe! I received my Batis 25 a week ago but still in holding pattern for the 85.

All the best,
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like

The current eta from B&H for the Batis 85, if ordered today, is 10/29/2015.

If so, that bodes well for those of us already queued up.

No eta on the Batis 25.

Post Thanks / Like

I did receive my 25 Batis, several weeks ago. And I returned it. Understand that most of my many lenses are Zeiss and all of my digital bodies are Sony (A7r, A7II, A7rII, A6000), so I am not a Zeiss or Sony basher. The 25 has much to recommend it: It is sizzling sharp by f4, contrast is high, and the uniformity of performance across the sensor is absolutely the best I have ever seen in a lens this short. But it is cold and analytical, which is not what I want in a lens for my personal work, and it is the reason I returned it. I could have learned to work with it, to get what I want from it, so perhaps I jumped the gun a bit. FWIW, that was my experience.

I still have the 85 on order. I am in a quandary over whether I should cancel the order. I have and love the Zeiss 90mm Sonnar G (and the 100mm Makro-Planar-but less loved). It is plenty sharp, but I am sure less sharp than the 85 will be. But it is small, light, and it does have character! And for most of my work manual focus is my preference anyway. Did I just talk myself out of the 85?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Muse View Post
    I did receive my 25 Batis, several weeks ago. And I returned it. Understand that most of my many lenses are Zeiss and all of my digital bodies are Sony (A7r, A7II, A7rII, A6000), so I am not a Zeiss or Sony basher. The 25 has much to recommend it: It is sizzling sharp by f4, contrast is high, and the uniformity of performance across the sensor is absolutely the best I have ever seen in a lens this short. But it is cold and analytical, which is not what I want in a lens for my personal work, and it is the reason I returned it. I could have learned to work with it, to get what I want from it, so perhaps I jumped the gun a bit. FWIW, that was my experience.

I still have the 85 on order. I am in a quandary over whether I should cancel the order. I have and love the Zeiss 90mm Sonnar G (and the 100mm Makro-Planar-but less loved). It is plenty sharp, but I am sure less sharp than the 85 will be. But it is small, light, and it does have character! And for most of my work manual focus is my preference anyway. Did I just talk myself out of the 85?
    Mark, if you're looking for the soft glow of an older lens (character?), then neither Batis will satisfy you. They're razor sharp, with high micro-contrast and seem to match the resolution of the 42MP a7RII perfectly across the frame. Personally, I prefer the "sizzling sharp", "analytical" performance of the Batis lenses for my landscape photography, but fully understand your preferences. Good luck in your search.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, if you're looking for the soft glow of an older lens (character?), then neither Batis will satisfy you. They're razor sharp, with high micro-contrast and seem to match the resolution of the 42MP a7RII perfectly across the frame. Personally, I prefer the "sizzling sharp", "analytical" performance of the Batis lenses for my landscape photography, but fully understand your preferences. Good luck in your search.

Joe
    Agreed. If I wanted a warmer color or more glow, I have several post processing options that work quite well.

However, there is no post processing option that will make a lens "sizzling sharp".

That said, I understand the reaction some have to Batis, and likewise the FE55. Or any lens, for that matter. Sometimes they just don't "click", and no amount of MTF charting or sterling reviews can change that.

Older lenses, the ones we have worked with for years, are like an old, comfortable pair of jeans. We get sooooo used to them. Then we buy another pair and they never are as comfortable or fit quite right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know I might have over-reacted. I certainly would have adapted to the lens. Either that or it would have ended up in a drawer with a few other expensive should-have-returned's (25 f2.0 ZF.2 for example). That is what I was afraid of. On the other hand I have returned some that later I was sorry to have done (35 f2 ZE for example). In that case the lens was a stellar copy. Turned out it was the 5D2 that couldn't handle that level of sharpness without all kinds of nasty artifacts. At least with the Batis I could have resold it later without much pain if it came to that.

Anyway, I decided to let my order for the 85 stand. I'll keep it unless my copy is way out of spec.

Post Thanks / Like

... one reason I enjoy the 645Z with Pentax lenses. Sharp but smooth and not overdosing on microcontrast. Even the 28-45 SR is high resolution but not wire sharp. Well done Pentax.

I'm looking forward to mounting some Hassy V glass on it. As long as performance is very good and consistent I am happy. Whenever a sensor (or film) is milked to death by laser sharp lenses, it can get a bit crunchy looking. Its for this reason lots of B&W landscape shooters preferred LF with modest lenses over 35mm tech pan and super duper lenses. Big real estate and lazier lenses tends to look better to my eyes. For larger prints in film days I still preferred 5x4 with lesser lenses over the 6x7 Mamiya 7, modern T-grain or delta films etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Muse View Post

Post Thanks / Like

HERE is post in another thread with images from the 85 Batis with a 10mm extension tube added. Also, some pictures with Canon 100mm L macro using Metabones IV with latest firmware.

I really like the shallow DoF that the wider aperture offers. I tend to use it in closeup situations more than I do with portraiture. AF works but I think MF will be more precise for ensuring I get plane of focus where I want it. These were all AF.
    Hand holding and wind also make precise plane of focus hard.

David

dmwfotos | davidmward.photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I shot 8o portraits yesterday with the A7rII and the Batis 85. Now I shot these at 7.1 but I also was in crop mode so effective 127mm I believe . Now when I say I backed off a ton of sharping , clarity is negative 12 and structure minus 6. Im knocking this down a lot. Still a laser. Her lips look the sharpest. I was using Eye AF

Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Guy, the 85 looks very nice. How many lenses do you have for your Sony collection now
    Sony A7RII
    Sony 16-35 f/4, Sony 55mm f/1.8, Sony 70-200 f/4, Sony 24-75 f/2.8, Zeiss Batis 85mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

VC 15mm III, Batis 25, Sony 35 1.4 , Batis 85, Minolta 200mm 2.8

On my very short list 55 1.8

Than see what is announced next. Im kind of all set. I need a backup body though. Heading out in morning to Iowa to shoot Wind Farms for 3 days. Really looking forward to this gig.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy have you compared the Minolta to the VOigtlander 180mm f4. This lens is as good or close to the Leica 135mm 3.4 M

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the 85 Batis is a keeper for portraits etc.
    Guy, one thing I don't understand is using the in camera crop. It just seems like throwing away pixels with no benefit.

I'm going to have to practice with the eye AF to see how it works. Could be fun wide open. It obviously makes sure the focus plane is in the right place with smaller apertures here.

Looks like two lights, did you use the Di700a? TTL or M?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Using the crop for the length since I don't have a 135 right now. I tend to like long lenses for portraits. I even use the 200 sometimes. I used my studio strobes . Dynalites 3 heads. Too many people to use the portables.. Would need a lot of batteries. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Should have thought of that regarding the lighting.
    80 people is way too much to ask of speedlites.

As for the crop. Doing it in camera or when processing is the same thing.
    Its still an 85mm lens perspective at that specific distance.

That's why I prefer to shoot loose and then crop when finishing. Gives me options.

Some of it is personal. I never was a fan of 135mm. I loved my 90mm on M4, 105 on Nikon, or 150 on Hassy for portraits. I like using longer lenses too but for head and shoulders a 200mm can cause a little too much perspective compression.

Anyway, looks like you got the job in the can and the lens/camera combo look like a perfect solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping that my Batis 25mm would arrive before peak fall color in mid to late October, but it is looking unlikely. I ordered it about 1 month ago from B&H. At least I have my 24 Canon TSE ll with Metabones IV adapter to cover that focal range until it arrives. It's just a much heavier option.
    J. Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I've found some extended reviews of the Batis 85mm

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...mm-f1-8-review

http://www.fotopolis.pl/n/21153/zeis...est-obiektywu/ (in Polish)

One interesting thing about the fotopolis review is that, based on their RAW MTF50 results, the Batis is a very close match to the Sony 90mm macro (which they also reviewed) in terms of resolution. If I'm reading the charts right, there's nothing much separating them, with a very slight advantage going to each lens at different apertures or parts of the image area.

--d

p.s. I'm still looking for a Batis 85. 15 weeks and counting since I ordered at B&H....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulmoore View Post
    I was hoping that my Batis 25mm would arrive before peak fall color in mid to late October, but it is looking unlikely. I ordered it about 1 month ago from B&H.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstock View Post
    I'm still looking for a Batis 85. 15 weeks and counting since I ordered at B&H....
    J. Paul and David, I had orders with B&H also. I finally contacted my local camera store (Southeastern Camera in Raleigh) and within a two week period had both the Batis 25mm and Batis 85mm lenses. The local stores are getting lenses one at a time and have waiting lists. But the lists aren't as long as the B&H list. As usual, YMMV.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

J. Paul and David, I had orders with B&H also. I finally contacted my local camera store (Southeastern Camera in Raleigh) and within a two week period had both the Batis 25mm and Batis 85mm lenses. The local stores are getting lenses one at a time and have waiting lists. But the lists aren't as long as the B&H list. As usual, YMMV.

Joe
    Thanks, Joe. Unfortunately, B&H kind of IS my local camera store. I live in NYC, and as far as I've been able to find out, the other stores around here are also backed up. Tough market. The stores I know about elsewhere too, like Samy's in LA. Maybe I should try YOUR local camera store!

--d

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was offered a Batis 25 on my pre order list this morning. Have it already but tried to get one for you folks but it went to next in list. If I had the money I would have just grabbed it for someone here but my bank account would have screamed. Lol

Good news they are trickling in

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay finally my copy of the Batis 25 is in from the dealer I bought mine from. I have had there store demo all this time as they lent it to me until mine came in. Great store Newtownville camera in Ma. . In turn I been helping them sell some A7rII cams which they have in stock right now. I'm one of those folks that if someone does me a favor I like to pay them back in kind. So give them some business. Same prices as the big guns. Now of course I asked if any Batis where available and they don't but there pre order list is not that big. S if you want to give them a call and see where in line you maybe , might be a good idea. I'm seeing more Batis lenses being shipped from the brick and mortar stores than the big guns like B&H. If you do call please tell them I sent you along I would appreciate it. They did me a big favore to help a working Pro and I don't forget these kinds of gestures from good folks. Thanks now go call them. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Batis 85 wide open,

other shots from today

some 3d

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Okay finally my copy of the Batis 25 is in from the dealer I bought mine from. I have had there store demo all this time as they lent it to me until mine came in. Great store Newtownville camera in Ma. . In turn I been helping them sell some A7rII cams which they have in stock right now. I'm one of those folks that if someone does me a favor I like to pay them back in kind. So give them some business. Same prices as the big guns. Now of course I asked if any Batis where available and they don't but there pre order list is not that big. S if you want to give them a call and see where in line you maybe , might be a good idea. I'm seeing more Batis lenses being shipped from the brick and mortar stores than the big guns like B&H. If you do call please tell them I sent you along I would appreciate it. They did me a big favore to help a working Pro and I don't forget these kinds of gestures from good folks. Thanks now go call them. lol
    Thanks for the info on Newtonville Camera. I like dealing with real local camera shops. I live in south Jersey, and used to spend a Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia visiting a half dozen camera shops in a 6 block area. Newtonville's web site is very user unfriendly; nowhere was a place to input, for example "Batis 85mm". No way to see what they have in stock, No place to look up a lens, for example, look up the specs, to see what size filter it would need. Please pass this on to them. I might buy from them if I could determine if they have an item in stock, the price, the shipping costs, etc.
    Best to you.....
    Dave in NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Thanks for the info on Newtonville Camera. I like dealing with real local camera shops. I live in south Jersey, and used to spend a Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia visiting a half dozen camera shops in a 6 block area. Newtonville's web site is very user unfriendly; nowhere was a place to input, for example "Batis 85mm". No way to see what they have in stock, No place to look up a lens, for example, look up the specs, to see what size filter it would need. Please pass this on to them. I might buy from them if I could determine if they have an item in stock, the price, the shipping costs, etc.
    Best to you.....
    Dave in NJ
    I know Dave they really need to work on web page. Call them great folks

Post Thanks / Like

Batis 85 - in stock today at Popflash

(and they are gone...)

Got one!

ZEISS BATIS 85MM F/1.8 NEW
    Last edited by MikeEvangelist; 9th October 2015 at 15:18.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Batis 85 - in stock today at Popflash

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEvangelist View Post
    (and they are gone...)

Got one!

ZEISS BATIS 85MM F/1.8 NEW
    Crap. I went right online and ordered. Just missed it because of a brief address verification issue. I even got an email that my order has been sent, but Popflash now says it was not. Back to the drawing board.

--d

Post Thanks / Like

Crap. I went right online and ordered. Just missed it because of a brief address verification issue.
    Bummer!

Post Thanks / Like

The wait is finally over...Batis 85 received yesterday courtesy of Allens Camera!

This lens is amazing and will be my body cap for a while.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crap. I went right online and ordered. Just missed it because of a brief address verification issue. I even got an email that my order has been sent, but Popflash now says it was not. Back to the drawing board.

--d
    Dear David Stock,

My deepest apologies. Apparently while you were dealing with address verification, my order for the last one went through. Tracking shows already in Thousand Oaks, CA, about 304 miles from here.

What happened was earlier in the day I was testing my new 55mm 1.8 lens and was blown away with how much better this prime was at f1.8 then my 28-70mm lens at f8. These modern prime lenses are really good. That's when I realized I had to have the Batis 85mm, and forget about zooms. Then I saw this thread....

--Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by douglaspboyd View Post
    Dear David Stock,

My deepest apologies. Apparently while you were dealing with address verification, my order for the last one went through. Tracking shows already in Thousand Oaks, CA, about 304 miles from here.

What happened was earlier in the day I was testing my new 55mm 1.8 lens and was blown away with how much better this prime was at f1.8 then my 28-70mm lens at f8. These modern prime lenses are really good. That's when I realized I had to have the Batis 85mm, and forget about zooms. Then I saw this thread....

--Doug
    Ha! Thanks, Doug. No problem. At least one of us got it!

My street address is written either as 3727 or 37-27. That's what the whole verification hangup was.

Popflash was apologetic. They said they'll let me know first when they get more of the lenses.

I'm also on a waiting list at Foto Care, who say they expect more 85s by the end of the month. And my B&H order from June is still hanging. Something's got to give....

Enjoy the lens, and make good images with it.

Cheers,

--d

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dodds in OH had a Batis 85 last week. 15% discount via selling equip to KEH & weekend sale.

Jpeg out of A7RII with distortion

Raw image to jpeg via Capture One & correction

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the batis and get the 25 ZF/ZE. Amazing glass for half the price. and it's works like magic when shooting against the sun. awesome flare control.

http://jorgetorralba.com/2015/10/12/cant-get-the-batis/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ryc View Post
    Skip the batis and get the 25 ZF/ZE. Amazing glass for half the price. and it's works like magic when shooting against the sun. awesome flare control.
    I have read your blog. Thank you for sharing your experience. But there are two 25mm Distagons : one is F2.0 and the other F2.8. The F2.0 cost twice as much as the F2.8. Are you sure that the 800.-$ one was an F2.0 ? Or was it a second hand deal ?

Also, concerning weight and size : did you take the weight/size of the adapter in account ? On my Canon the Metabones adapter would add quite a lot of weight, at least 100gr.

But they are all nice lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    I have read your blog. Thank you for sharing your experience. But there are two 25mm Distagons : one is F2.0 and the other F2.8. The F2.0 cost twice as much as the F2.8. Are you sure that the 800.-$ one was an F2.0 ? Or was it a second hand deal ?

Also, concerning weight and size : did you take the weight/size of the adapter in account ? On my Canon the Metabones adapter would add quite a lot of weight, at least 100gr.

But they are all nice lenses.
    Definitely the 2.0. I just picked one up for 800.00 like new in the box. You just have to shop around. I have two adapters. A fotodiox which is light as a geather and a better built commlite which is a lot heavier. regardless of the adapter, the combo feels really comfortable in hand.

JT --

CameraPeddler

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I shot 8o portraits yesterday with the A7rII and the Batis 85. Now I shot these at 7.1 but I also was in crop mode so effective 127mm I believe . Now when I say I backed off a ton of sharping , clarity is negative 12 and structure minus 6. Im knocking this down a lot. Still a laser. Her lips look the sharpest. I was using Eye AF

Ok Guy,

No denying the 85 Batis is awesome. Set aside the size difference which can be a deal breaker for some. But with the your crop factor at 127 I honestly think the 135 1.8 will yield better image quality and detail. That lens is just out of this world and the rendering is unmatched. I know you had to tone it down a bit for portrait work. But maximize your browser and click on the images in this post A7RII and the untouchable 135mm 1.8 ZA | JORGE TORRALBA and you will see why I am now mainly shooting the A mount lenses on the A7 series. Make sure to look at the crops. And focus is not as accurate as your eye focus

Most of these were shot at f4.5

Just for clarification, Not knocking your photography. You do that for a living and I don't. Just talking about what the glass and camera can deliver.

JT

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh I had the 135 1.8 and the 135 F2 ZE. Both amazing lenses. That job I wanted to shoot lower MPX

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gentlemen!

I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post. I want to thank all of you for your sharing of your expertise and obvious love of Photography. I have been without decent gear for too many years while I pursued my other passion of Woodworking both personally and professionally. Thanks to all of your excitement about the new a7rii and my recent refi, I am now the proud Daddy to a clan of Sony & Zeiss equipment. And wow, I have been blown away by the images that this camera and E-mount lenses produce, but I'm just signing to the choir.

Long story-short, Today I finally received the Batis 25 that I ordered back in July. Once on the camera, when I turned the power on, the Zeiss name appeared in the OLED and faded out, but unfortunately no focus depth appeared in the OLED. I repeated the sequence multiple times with different priorities, but no numbers in the OLED. Seems like someone else had a similar problem, but I don't see it in this thread. I have already submitted a defective claim back to the dealer. Anyone else had this dilemma with the OLED readout?

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

And Ladies!!! OMG already politically incorrect. My BAD!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

NOT defective Rick and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you . First turn on put focus on manual focus than you go to infinity or keep turning and you will see options. Now in your lens box there are instructions but it never says to put on manual focus. Do that and you can follow instructions from there.

Report back so I know you are okay