The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII Camera Error Issue

scho

I started getting the dreaded "camera error, turn camera off and then on again" warning this evening. Only escape is to yank the battery and re-start, but then it keeps giving same warning and lock up with each shot. Tried different lenses and batteries with no effect. Reset the camera no effect. Any solution other than returning for repair? Almost sounds like the shutter is trying to fire twice before the error pops up?

scho

I started getting the dreaded "camera error, turn camera off and then on again" warning this evening. Only escape is to yank the battery and re-start, but then it keeps giving same warning and lock up with each shot. Tried different lenses and batteries with no effect. Reset the camera no effect. Any solution other than returning for repair? Almost sounds like the shutter is trying to fire twice before the error pops up?
WHEW! Fixed. I called Sony support and agent asked me to remove battery and then turn on camera for about 30 sec, turn off, replace battery and try again. At first this did not work and I was told to send the camera to Precision in CT for repair, but then I tried again leaving camera on for a longer period of time (about 5 min) w/o the battery and this procedure worked.

k-hawinkler

WHEW! Fixed. I called Sony support and agent asked me to remove battery and then turn on camera for about 30 sec, turn off, replace battery and try again. At first this did not work and I was told to send the camera to Precision in CT for repair, but then I tried again leaving camera on for a longer period of time (about 5 min) w/o the battery and this procedure worked.
Many thanks Carl for the info. Good luck that the error doesn't repeat itself.
Do you think this error could be related to the internal battery in some way?
TIA.

scho

Many thanks Carl for the info. Good luck that the error doesn't repeat itself.
Do you think this error could be related to the internal battery in some way?
TIA.
Thank you, I will hope that does not occur again. I really do not know what caused the problem.

Knorp

Carl, let's hope this is just a freak occurrence, but at least we've got some kind of cure to it.
Just wondering, did you lose any settings like date&time ?

All the best.

scho

Carl, let's hope this is just a freak occurrence, but at least we've got some kind of cure to it.
Just wondering, did you lose any settings like date&time ?

All the best.
Thanks Bart, I have my fingers crossed that this will not happen again. Yes I lost all of my settings and had to reset time/date etc. Hopefully this is not a hardware issue and is just something in the software.