The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII: If it's good enough for the Whitehouse in house Photographer

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If it's on Fox it must be true. And news.

Or maybe not ...

(And for balance ditto CNN, BBC, MSNBC or pick your biased news outlet)

Fstoppers at least we're funny in their coverage of the A7RII vs others.

Jim DE

Fox News is an oxymoron :D

hee hee even the Whitehouse thinks so:
Even The White House Thinks "Fox News" Is An Oxymoron

Graham now there is the true oxymoron stating the White House and "thinks" together. Those two words together on the same sentence has not been the case for the past 14 years..... Add the senate and the house and I am sure they will vote and pass a bill outlawing thinking at all while policy making. They all are a bad joke and should be shown the door. anything has to be better than we currently have....

As far as what brand camera the White House photographer uses? I don't care what anyone chooses to use.... It means little to nothing in the end results.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
No disagreement from me. :thumbs:

Anyway, the original post was really just regarding the fact that the Sony mirror less cameras are continuing to get acceptance as professional tools. There's certainly still the feeling amongst pros (on the web at least) and amateurs I know who want truly versatile robust cameras that can handle sports, weddings & events and wildlife shooting that you can't really depend on the A7 series yet. I know that for my needs the system works well but then again I don't need the ability to write to 2 cards in camera, super fast AF with tracking with long glass, guaranteed weather resistant body & lenses, robust native intelligent flash (with full accessory support and not proprietary fiddly cables/adapters) or the superior ergonomics of a Canikon body. Personally I'm a big fan but I would recognize that we aren't quite there yet when it comes to those pro aspects (and I'm sure that plenty of people will disagree).

dandrewk

The A7rII is used by a WH photographer. One more stab at DSLR's.

But do we have to turn this into (yet another) political discussion? There's enough of that in other forums. I don't see the need or relevance in a photography forum.

fmueller

The A7rII is used by a WH photographer. One more stab at DSLR's.

But do we have to turn this into (yet another) political discussion? There's enough of that in other forums. I don't see the need or relevance in a photography forum.
Excellent autofocus, and hi res with a completely silent shutter probably makes it a shoo-in.