The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

bipbip

The MF on the Loxia is crazy. Smooth like melted butter and easy as summer heat.
Yep. Quite by chance I tried one out in a shop this morning and it's certainly a marvellous piece of engineering and a pleasure to focus with - the instant onscreen or EVF magnification is magical. A little heavy on an a6000 but I'd say perfect on the a7 bodies.

algrove

If I recall, Zeiss made the Loxia lenses primarily for use with the A7 series cameras so it sounds like another nice addition to the line up.

So, my question then is which 35 mm IC lens would compete IQ-wise with the fixed 35mm F2 Zeiss Sonnar T*?
For native FE and AF there seems to be only one, the Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lens.

I wonder though how images shot with those two lenses compare?
Sony claims that because the lens is mated to the sensor - and we are talking physically mated, not "matched", the tolerances cannot be duplicated by an interchangeable mount, similar to how some have claimed that adapters add variances that degrade IQ on some level.

The edge performance of the RX1RII is said to be truly remarkable.

We'll all see soon enough if those claims are accurate. I have both the original RX1 and the FE 35/1.4 and find them both wonderful but with unique character.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My interest is the 35mm difference but more so the fun factor. As I said in another thread I'm a little bored and just looking for something to get my butt out the door. This looks like fun to me and would not mind having one. Makes little ROI sense for my business but I have done stupid purchases before too. lol

Christmas is coming and so is a birthday. Well no one is buying me this. Looks like a self present. But I'm getting that Loxia 21 first

V

Vivek

Sony claims that because the lens is mated to the sensor - and we are talking physically mated, not "matched", the tolerances cannot be duplicated by an interchangeable mount, similar to how some have claimed that adapters add variances that degrade IQ on some level.

The edge performance of the RX1RII is said to be truly remarkable.

We'll all see soon enough if those claims are accurate.
Regardless of the "claims" I have decided to get one. :)

When is another question.

Guy Mancuso

You sir are a prefect candidate for one as this looks to be a very powerful discreet street cam and with the tilt screen and fast AF. It could be one of the best type cameras for that genre. Being a fixed lens I do like the fact that it is 42mpx as you can do wonders in post with cropping and not lose much at all.

algrove

Are you getting one soon? If so, will love to see your famous street images taken with it. Also will value your comments on how it converts to B&W.

V

Vivek

You sir are a prefect candidate for one as this looks to be a very powerful discreet street cam and with the tilt screen and fast AF. It could be one of the best type cameras for that genre. Being a fixed lens I do like the fact that it is 42mpx as you can do wonders in post with cropping and not lose much at all.
Thank you, Sir! :eek:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
My interest is the 35mm difference but more so the fun factor. As I said in another thread I'm a little bored and just looking for something to get my butt out the door. This looks like fun to me and would not mind having one. Makes little ROI sense for my business but I have done stupid purchases before too. lol

Christmas is coming and so is a birthday. Well no one is buying me this. Looks like a self present. But I'm getting that Loxia 21 first

Guy, when my rx1r II comes in you are welcome to play with my fabulous rx1r gratis :thumbs:

btw, seriously, pm me. As much as I know that the m2 will be better, the v1 is frickin awesome.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Guy, when my rx1r II comes in you are welcome to play with my fabulous rx1r gratis :thumbs:

btw, seriously, pm me. As much as I know that the m2 will be better, the v1 is frickin awesome.
I would love to play around with it. The dang lens seems amazing

Guy Mancuso

I would love to play around with it. The dang lens seems amazing

Okay I have to watch the Cardinals eat the Steelers for breakfast. Lol

Hausen

I really loved my RX-1 when I had it. Used it almost exclusively. Was going to wait for what happened with RX-1r II before I got the A7rII to see if they went with a zoom. If it was a 24-70 on that little body that would have been all I needed. Very happy now I didn't wait.

DougDolde

The new Sony would cost less than trading up my Mamiya DF to the new XF but who cares ? Gotta have the XF ! (Back ordered). I could see the Sony for a backup but it's not the priority

Quentin_Bargate

A 42mp compact camera with (one assumes) a great lens, and great features. Honestly, price aside, what's not to like? As a travel / street camera, it is a compelling proposition.

i definitely want one.