The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

biglouis

I didn't bother with a grip for my RX1 but I did get a Gariz half case which increased the surface area and have a more grippy feel. I'm assuming that with the new flippy-tilty screen the existing Gariz case won't fit?

I also immediately bought a no-name lens cap and put the ridiculous sized Sony cap for safe storage (which I do with pretty much every camera/lens I buy).

LouisB

eleanorbrown

My Rx1r has been one of my favorite cameras....I took it to Moscow and St Petersburg last year....incredible for travel. I have pre ordered the II version..... The 35 f2 lens is fabulous....very sharp wide open. Eleanor

Chris C

Hi - I'm curious about the file ratio options, in particularly 4x3. I don't know whether it's an Rx1 feature or not, but I'm hoping that the cropped ratio is a real 4x3 in the Rx1r2 viewfinder [i.e. not a 'full' frame with crop lines inside], so RAW images open as baked 4x3 ratios in image browsers. Anyone hazard a smart guess?

........... Chris

biglouis

Finally found a supplier in the UK, WEX, who was allowing pre-order.

Be interesting to see when stock becomes available in the UK because at present I think we may be play Cinderella to the US's ugly sisters... :)

LouisB

Arjuna

Hi - I'm curious about the file ratio options, in particularly 4x3. I don't know whether it's an Rx1 feature or not, but I'm hoping that the cropped ratio is a real 4x3 in the Rx1r2 viewfinder [i.e. not a 'full' frame with crop lines inside], so RAW images open as baked 4x3 ratios in image browsers. Anyone hazard a smart guess?

........... Chris
The RX1 doesn't have 4:3 or 1:1. It does have 16:9. I just checked on mine, and switching the aspect ratio results in both the screen and the EVF showing the cropped image only. The image preview in the Finder also shows the cropped image. In PS/ACR, the cropped image shows, but if you select the Crop Tool, the full image is there, with the 16:9 crop showing. It looks like a good implementation to me: you can compose and process with the selected aspect ratio, but the full sensor capture is available in case you change your mind after the fact. I wish that they would offer an update to the RX1 to have the other ratios as well.

dandrewk

I'm in. I even got up early to pre-order from B&H.

Three weeks, though. That's an eternity for early adopters. What are the chances it ships early? I mean, c'mon, we need these cameras for Thanksgiving day, not after! :)

dandrewk

Hilarious! You got up at 8am (early) to pre order. We all have our habits.
LOL, yeah. At first I thought you meant "crazy, early adopter giving up sleep". But then I realized that 8 AM is NOT early for most people.

I am Ben Franklin's worst nightmare. Late to bed, late to rise, makes a man... (I don't wanna know :D).

biglouis

LOL, yeah. At first I thought you meant "crazy, early adopter giving up sleep". But then I realized that 8 AM is NOT early for most people.

I am Ben Franklin's worst nightmare. Late to bed, late to rise, makes a man... (I don't wanna know :D).
Yeah but so much easier than waiting in line to get the latest Apple release...

scho

The RX1 doesn't have 4:3 or 1:1. It does have 16:9. I just checked on mine, and switching the aspect ratio results in both the screen and the EVF showing the cropped image only. The image preview in the Finder also shows the cropped image. In PS/ACR, the cropped image shows, but if you select the Crop Tool, the full image is there, with the 16:9 crop showing. It looks like a good implementation to me: you can compose and process with the selected aspect ratio, but the full sensor capture is available in case you change your mind after the fact. I wish that they would offer an update to the RX1 to have the other ratios as well.
I wouldn't count on getting any updates, based on track record with the RX1 and RX1R which are still at version 1.00.

dandrewk

Yeah but so much easier than waiting in line to get the latest Apple release...
I've never done that.... Nope, not me... I'm not that crazy... :too cool:

Well, maybe once or twice, but never lining up days ahead. And not so much to be "one of the first...", but because those lines are more like all-night parties.

On the whole, though, much easier to NOT have to do that. ;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Countdown before Guy orders the Rx1rII: Five... four...three... :D
Seriously if I had the money I would be before all of you. LOL

Anyone want a one on one workshop for a Rx1RII. LOL Its about all i can offer right now. Im not really joking here.