The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

Jeff Kott

In my case, I do not give much creddence to T* or the presumed Zeiss lens.
This surprises me. Looking at the photos in the image thread here and on FM and having used an RX1 for 4 days myself, there is no question in my mind as to how good this lens is.

V

Vivek

Nothing negative about the lens at all. It is just that when I asked Zeiss what an "advanced aspheric" is, they had no idea!

(It is a Zeiss badged Sony lens and by all accounts a superb one!)

Brian Mosley

When the first RX100 came out with the pop up EVF, my first thought was I hope they do this on the RX1.
I've been waiting for a pop up EVF since June 2006... here's a mock up I did back then :grin:

176173050_9342c75f19_o.jpg

I love the pop up EVF on my RX100 m4, and expect the one on the RX1R2 to be irresistible :facesmack:

Cheers

Brian

algrove

Have been on the fence and decided to place order with B&H on Sunday and today received email that it shipped. Loved my RX-1 and this is nice way to try out the 42MP sensor.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Dammit! Seems that someone hijacked my Fedex truck today! Dealer called to say that it won't be here until Friday. Oh no, the wait ... (Ok, not really :D )

All I can say about the 35/2 in the original is that I've never wanted for better quality, just maybe a 1.4 equivalent to the Summilux (the only Leica lens that I miss)

tashley

Subscriber Member
UK shipping

I ordered and paid for mine upfront from Park Cameras (I get nearly everything from them) on the morning orders opened and expected to hear yesterday that their first shipment had arrived. Sony generally delivers to them on Wednesday. But they didn't receive any, which is a bummer. I'm off to Florida at the weekend and was going to try a week's shooting with nothing but the rx1rmk2, the rx100 mk4 and an ipad pro.

I'll live. Life is too short to get hung up on new camera arrivals and, for some reason it seems always the case that some exciting order arrives the day after I leave for a trip so I'm used to it by now - but oddly, I heard that Wex already had their first batch. Any one else in the UK heard anything?

V

Vivek

The US $ is stronger and they shipped all their produce there.

When it debuted, the atrociously priced RX1 was offered here first. Then the Euro was quite strong.

V

Vivek

These first samples, posted by a user on dpreview are very impressive :

RX1R2 first user gallery

It looks like he got a good one! :grin:

Cheers

Brian
I have mentioned this here before- with the LPF set to low, there is amazing amount of moire.
Given this, why are people saying that the lens is going to be the limitation with this camera? :confused:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have mentioned this here before- with the LPF set to low, there is amazing amount of moire.
Given this, why are people saying that the lens is going to be the limitation with this camera? :confused:
Because they know nothing and it's a Sony what do you expect. Sony is the garbage of the industry. Having said that I'll take 2. Lol

Smoothjazz

Regarding Moire; can't this just be taken out post-processing in Photoshop?

By the way, SonyAlphaRumors is indicating that Amazon now has a special on the camera, with a $200 dollar merchandise rebate. Too bad I already ordered mine from B&H. That is OK, because they gave me a fair price on all of my trade-in gear, including my A7r, much more than two other major camera stores were offering.

dandrewk

There are three settings - off, standard and high. The DPR images linked here have the LPF set to "off".

From looking at DPR's flat field studio shots, having the LPF set to "high" eliminates all moire with a small hit to sharpness (emphasis on "small hit", and only noticeable at 1:1). Setting it to "standard", virtually all moire disappears and there is no hit to sharpness. This will be my initial setting.