The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

tashley

Subscriber Member
It's really sad when Leica can deliver and Sony can't... I'm starting to think your move may be the best one to make. Sony not speaking about the issue isn't helping people feel good about the delay.
Ahh, but try to make the Leica Q app work on your iPad and you'll be cursing everything that ever came out of Germany with a lens on it...

doublezd

Re: Rx1r2 and Lloyd

I'm not familiar with "Lloyd" -- does anyone have the link to Lloyd's reviews/ comments about the Rx1r2.
I'd like to read what he has said.
Thank you.

JMaher

I tried Capture Pilot with my A7R2 but it should work on my RX1 as well. Worked great as a way to have someone see what I am shooting as I shoot. Thinking about setting it so that I have the iPad on a stand next to me in a studio shoot.

One of these days I would love to play with the Q.
In the meantime over the past couple of weeks I've been testing the new Sony Rx1rii.
I have a brief write-up over at Steve Huff's site.
If interested the link is below.
Link
Except for the sluggish feel of the camera, no major complaints so far.
Aloha.

V

Vivek

One of these days I would love to play with the Q.
In the meantime over the past couple of weeks I've been testing the new Sony Rx1rii.
I have a brief write-up over at Steve Huff's site.
If interested the link is below.
Link
Except for the sluggish feel of the camera, no major complaints so far.
Aloha.
Familiarity would help with the sluggishness. :)
Like that post that cleared up your complaint about the Eye AF (also check post #656 from Chad on the Eye AD).

Lovely pics! :)

Last edited:

cam

Nice to know my v.1 camera is not so obsolete :grin:

And, yes, agree with you about familiarity fixing the sluggishness. Once I got my head around the awful menu system and set the camera up for my type of shooting (almost always in manual), I never had an issue with it's speed -- and I use the original RX1.

Still not convinced I need the R2 but it's been fun reading about it. Ta!

I fully acknowledge my unfamiliarity with Sony menus and controls. It's been over a year since I shot with the Rx1 so feels like I'm learning the camera all over again. Thanks Vivek.

chiquita

It's horses for courses again. This is why most of us have a camera selection :) I used my "old" RX1 for this shot in Amsterdam. It was almost pitch black out there and after a couple of drinks in the pub I stopped to take this shot with my companions urging me to hurry, so just a snap really. I was still amazedly what I got from it. Yes there's a tiny bit of wobble and the A7RII would undoubtedly produced a better file but still, I'm happy! iso 6400 1/13th.

Attachments

davidstock

I was wondering what people who have used the new cam think of the viewfinder. Is it fiddly or solid? Is it enjoyable to use, or just a decent fallback option when the ambient light is too strong? TIA!

--d

V

Vivek

Nice to know my v.1 camera is not so obsolete :grin:

And, yes, agree with you about familiarity fixing the sluggishness. Once I got my head around the awful menu system and set the camera up for my type of shooting (almost always in manual), I never had an issue with it's speed -- and I use the original RX1.

Still not convinced I need the R2 but it's been fun reading about it. Ta!
It is not my intention to convince anyone to buy RX1R II. Sony have paid people for that. :)

I like the tilt LCD. It is very useful for me.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague

A 14MP crop of the original capture- pretty easy to do with the R II.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague

V

Vivek

I was wondering what people who have used the new cam think of the viewfinder. Is it fiddly or solid? Is it enjoyable to use, or just a decent fallback option when the ambient light is too strong? TIA!

--d
It is quite useful (I had very low expectations) and is also a decent fall back option.

Using it results in sharper picture (more stable held that way) for me when I use it.

What I am trying to say is that it depends on the user. :)

The quality is very good though!

V

Vivek

Is it something that takes care of the banding generated by the Leica Q?

V

Vivek

Awesome, Lou! :)

Any of those 6000 snaps going to be public or they are top secret/under NDA?