The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

Turning back from Q to R2:

I've seen a couple of them for sale, used. I wonder whether these are just folks with buyers' remorse, or whether the glitch that's causing the delay in shipping - whatever it is - is causing some re-sales.

Hard to guess....

Kirk

V

Vivek

I've seen a couple of them for sale, used. I wonder whether these are just folks with buyers' remorse, or whether the glitch that's causing the delay in shipping - whatever it is - is causing some re-sales.

Hard to guess....

Kirk
Wouldn't it be something that they put it up for sale because they are defective? :ROTFL:

Brian Mosley

Hard to guess....

Kirk
I suspect it's very easy for American buyers to buy, try and send back within 30 days(?) without it costing them much.

Cheers

Brian

scho

Latest from Amazon for shipment of RX1RII is 1/30/16 to 3/30/16. Sounds like they really don't know, like everyone else. I gave up and cancelled an old pre-order. I'll wait for the next version.

Latest from Amazon for shipment of RX1RII is 1/30/16 to 3/30/16. Sounds like they really don't know, like everyone else. I gave up and cancelled an old pre-order. I'll wait for the next version.
I guess I'll do the same thing. A long delay suggests an electronic or mechanical bug, not just firmware. The ones that shipped early might have to be sent in for upgrade.

I'd like to have a carry-around with same sensor as A7rII, but no rush.

Kirk

V

Vivek

A long delay suggests an electronic or mechanical bug, not just firmware. The ones that shipped early might have to be sent in for upgrade.

Kirk
While I understand the frustrations about the delay if what you say is true, I will ask Sony to refund the cash instead of a fix. So far, I see no problems with my purchase and it is one heck of a camera.

Edit: It is exactly 1 month since I bought it. I use it everyday and it has clocked over 3000 exposures (a record for me!) plus an accidental 16min video. Absolutely no issues!

Last edited:

dandrewk

I guess I'll do the same thing. A long delay suggests an electronic or mechanical bug, not just firmware. The ones that shipped early might have to be sent in for upgrade

Kirk
At this point, this is 100% speculation, none of which backed up by real or anecdotal experience.

I understand and sympathize with the frustration. There have been two reported DOAs, hardly an indication of a massive defect. Countless others are reporting flawless operation, myself included (knock on wood).

dandrewk

David, Links to those 2 reports?
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3939791

In the thread, there is another report of a DOA.

That's it, the sum total of "issues" with the RX1rII. I think that thread has been bandied about several hundred times in other posts as evidence of massive production defects. And naturally, the Sony haters are bubbling with joy.

BTW, I am not saying there is zero reason for concern, and I understand the need for caution. This is an expensive item, so best to get it right. But here, I think, paranoia is speaking louder than reality.

V

Vivek

Doublezd, do you hvae any pics from either camera that one can look at? TIA!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hmmmmmm............
Indeed. :facesmack:

On the other hand I do agree with doublezd in that there's nothing wrong AT ALL with the RX1r. My only beef is that I wish it had the tilting LCD and AF-ON button capabilities that matched the A7r series. It's just a bit clunky on the RX1r and only in MF mode.

Last edited:

pegelli

These are from the Rx1R-- taken on a trip to Louisiana -- just some of the sights along the way.
They were taken as Raw + JPEG, uploaded into Lightroom when I got home. I didn't edit them at all in post.
Then, I transferred them as JPEGs from Lightroom to the apple "photo" app on my iPad.
Strange, the exif of the 2nd to the 6th picture say they're taken with an A7II and the FE55/1.8. The 7th doesn't have any EXIF and only the rest is from a RX1R

doublezd

Strange, the exif of the 2nd to the 6th picture say they're taken with an A7II and the FE55/1.8. The 7th doesn't have any EXIF and only the rest is from a RX1R
Oh damn -- I do have the 7II -- which photo is from that? I will take it down immediately.
Oh damn.
Mixing photos from 2 cams on that post was not intentional, and I apologize.
I used the A7ii and the Rx1R on that trip so I could compare the photos and make a decision about buying the Rx1R.
When I posted these here last night, I had no access to exif data as I only had my iPad with me which had these photos from that trip.
I thought they were all from the Rx1R.
I'm so very embarrassed and very sorry for the confusion of posting pics from my A7ii also.
If you could see me now, you'd see I am slinking away in embarrassment.

pegelli

I'm so very embarrassed and very sorry for the confusion of posting pics from my A7ii also.
If you could see me now, you'd see I am slinking away in embarrassment.
Oh, no need for that. To err is human, so it at least proves you're human :p

V

Vivek

I finally got around to trimming a RX1 L plate with grip to fit the RX1R II.

I felft bad doing it as it is a precision CNC machined anodized aluminum. Well, the upside is that it was only 20€ (shipped from China).

Now, I have better stability for hand holding and alsopossibility for ground level close ups without scratching the camera's bottom. :thumbs:

harmsr

Workshop Member
RRS just started taking pre-orders on the plate & grip for the RX1r ii. It was what made the camera fit for me when I had the RX1r.