The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx1r2

V

Vivek

Thanks! There were many "wishes" that it could have been wider or could have been a "normal" lens, etc. Run your files through C1 (free) and you will find that it is a 35mm.

Spectacular camera! Enjoy! :)

popcan

Thanks! There were many "wishes" that it could have been wider or could have been a "normal" lens, etc. Run your files through C1 (free) and you will find that it is a 35mm.

Spectacular camera! Enjoy! :)
thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy this little gem - but I have to say, as a new member on this forum, it is quite humbling to see the amazing images many of you are putting up. It underscores how far I have to go! I also have to overcome some issues with color blindness, mainly in the blue/green and browns. It creates some challenges for me in PP... but I always have my wife to point out any really weird choices I might sometimes make! Lol

Consequently I am shooting more B&W these days.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If anyone is looking for a replacement viewfinder cup I'm selling a spare genuine A2088145B eye piece over in Buy & Sell. I found two and just sold my RX1R II with one of them. This is my 2nd spare new in box - selling at my cost.

iiiNelson

Re: Rx1r2???

So whatever happened to it – the RX1rII? We heard long ago that Sony discovered and admitted to a light leak, and told original purchasers they could have replacements. Some actually received them.

But by now there's been time for Sony to disassemble every one that was made, stick a piece of gaffer's tape in it, and send it out shooting again – along with all those made in intervening months.

Kirk
The proper way to handle a recall... replace faulty units with new ones and don't try to stick it to the customer. It seems that certain vendors are having a lot of trouble doing this these days...

DwF

Re: Update on Grip.....

I just received my RX1R M2 and am looking for a grip. The Metro Case link states that this is not currently available. Any recommendation or solution or will be greatly appreciated :)

David

V

Vivek

Re: Update on Grip.....

Contact member “monza”.

I just received my RX1R M2 and am looking for a grip. The Metro Case link states that this is not currently available. Any recommendation or solution or will be greatly appreciated :)

David

I hope you can get one. It's very light and fits medium-sized hands perfectly. Also add a ThumbsUp! This combo works especially well with a wrist strap.

Kirk

DwF

Thank you both for your responses. I will probably start with the Thumbs Up because when I had the RX1R earlier, I had the fotodiox grip which worked beautifully. Occasionally though I thought how nice to have the camera without grip and maintain the delicate compactness of the camera. Form follows function though so if I decide I need a grip, the Metro-case will for sure be the one, and with the price of a Thumbs-Up, I will try and get it to try with return privilege.

DwF

Follow-up

Up and running with the RX1R II I found using just a Thumbs-up will do it for me. I had also seen this 4V Design strap a while back in Seattle (but didn't purchase it) and then again on-sale this time at Adorama. It is brand spanking new here but I can tell it will work fine. The shoulder/neck pad is lined with a suede that sticks nicely!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/223C44U]RX1R with 4V by BlackLeaf Photo, on Flickr[/URL]

I made this exposure en route to get the strap - cold weather in NYC

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DykUYM]Crossing at 18th Street by BlackLeaf Photo, on Flickr[/URL]