The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Next from Mitakon is 135mm 1.4

According to my handy DOF calculator, the area of focus would be less than an inch deep at 12 feet, when wide open. Might be tricky (but fun to try).

k-hawinkler

Pretty absurd, the weight and price; seems better matched to the new Leica SL.

Question: Which adapter would work for the Sony 135mm 1.8 A lens? Would AF focus fast on the A7r2?

tn1krr

Pretty absurd, the weight and price; seems better matched to the new Leica SL.

Question: Which adapter would work for the Sony 135mm 1.8 A lens? Would AF focus fast on the A7r2?
Screw drive in ZA 135/1.8 so LA-EA4 only; none of the cool gizmos in A7R II are used. Center-only AF point coverage, noisy AF, front/back focus potential with microadjust needs, SLT-A65 AF basically. Yet absolutely stellar results when things line up correctly :)

Center-only AF point coverage, noisy AF, front/back focus potential with microadjust needs, SLT-A65 AF basically. Yet absolutely stellar results when things line up correctly :)
Yes.

And of course the Mitakon is manual focus, manual aperture and no EXIF data transmitted to camera.

tn1krr

Yes.

And of course the Mitakon is manual focus, manual aperture and no EXIF data transmitted to camera.
Very true. Personally I'm a kind of middle ground guy so after trying the ZA 85/1.4 + LA-EA4 and letting it go due to CA, slack in MF ring, noisy/center-grouped AF etc. I picked up a smart adapted Zeiss APO Sonnar ZE 135/2. So I have exif and thus automatic focal length for IBIS in my A7R II, superb MF feel with longer throw than in the Otii, electronic aperture that gives both stopped down or wide open focusing. To me this Mitakon is too big, too expensive and too dump due to no smart adaptation or electronic aperture.