The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A9 in November?

ggibson

I think an A9 would be an e-mount body, not a-mount. This rumor sounds more like the long-awaited A99 mark II.

I dunno though, if Sony wants to push the e-mount system as their future pro system, it'd probably be smart for them to keep the A7rII as their top-of-the-line camera for all systems. If there is a new a-mount camera announced, I might expect an in-between model--something better than the A99, but worse than the A7rII. An A88?

dwood

Could very well be that an 'A9' would be E-mount. A9 and A99II have been talked about for quite a while now, and many seem to think they're one in the same. Only Sony knows (maybe). Regardless, it will be interesting to see if they actually introduce a new A-mount cam. It would be a bit surprising.

V

Vivek

Recent rumblings are that it is a cheap APS-C A mount cam with a 24 MP sensor.

Lucille

Sony, build me a fixed lens camera, like the Rx1r mII, except put your 50mp medium format sensor in it..... Okay...Thx, bye....

bipbip

Sony, build me a fixed lens camera, like the Rx1r mII, except put your 50mp medium format sensor in it..... Okay...Thx, bye....
Lucille, I've got a different take on the '50' bit.

Dear Sony,
An Rx fixed lens 42 Mp compact but with a 50mm f/2 focal length lens ...
Yours etc.

😉

karlfoto

Again, I have a different take on this as per my other post on the RX1rii

An RX1rii with a 24-70 lens that is better than the one on the RX100iv...Oh it can have a 50mp sensor if they are feeling generous!