The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Pro Support

dmward

Jim,
I filled out and emailed in the application when I had the problem with the A7II.
I got an email asking for me to call with credit card info on Monday or Tuesday. Then an email saying the material was in in the mail the next day.

JMaher

Just for reference. It was one week from application to approval. The same letter that everyone else received. Awaiting my introduction package.

Jim

dmward

Just for reference. It was one week from application to approval. The same letter that everyone else received. Awaiting my introduction package.

Jim
My Introduction Package arrived today via FEDEX ground.
a letter that essentially is a repeat of the email outlining benefits and T&C.
A sheet with different sized Sony Pro Support and Sony stickers. Not sure what they expect one to do with those. :)
A Sony Pro Support camera neck strap. Not sure what they expect me to do with that either.
And membership card with member number.

JMaher

They need someone to help them here. I am happy to pay the $100 for better service. Stickers and a neck strap will not do anything for me either :) Not sure what they are thinking.

Jim

dmward

They need someone to help them here. I am happy to pay the $100 for better service. Stickers and a neck strap will not do anything for me either :) Not sure what they are thinking.

Jim
Jim,
My comments are somewhat tongue in cheek. Canon did the same thing.
It seems there is some wishful thinking that because a photographer signs up for their professional service they want to advertise it.

Ironically, I've seen posts on for sale forums offering the camera straps for sale. Apparently there are those that are willing to pay for them. Maybe a way to get some of the $100 back. :)

JMaher

I was a CPS member as well. Straps were big sale items on FM but I haven't used a manufacturer strap (or any neck strap) for a long, long time.

I understand your comment. I am happy with the Pro Support program and the $100 seems a worthwhile investment. I do think if they are going to include giveaways something like an SD card or battery wallet would be a better choice.

In any case I am happy to have the program available.

Jim