The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

85mm Batis v 90mm Sony?

iiiNelson

My reasoning for getting the 90mm is that homegirl will be staying around for a good while yet :)
But you just know that the exotic girl will be outshined (for some of us that is) with a more tempting faster version :LOL:

BTW I will just add that both lenses were available when I made my choice for the 90mm and I actually paid a little more than I would have for the B85 (I do feel that the current lack of availability for the B85 has made it more lust worthy than the easier to get hold of 90mm)....Bottom line is that they are both excellent lenses, it will all come down to the needs of each indivdual...I have no regrets with my 90mm and nobody should have with their B85.
I hear you and I had the same choices. Save ~$150 or go with the Batis. I liked both but I often shoot in lower light and the extra 1 1/3 stops of light seemed to be worth it for me plus a slightly shorter focal means I can get a bit more DoF at an equivalent aperture if I need it.