The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

V

Vivek

An iconic department store in Amsterdam (where one can find Louis Vuitton and Hermes shops and such!) next to the stock exchange building.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Happy New Year, Paul and everyone!

I wish to contribute a few of my street photos so Vivek isn't the only one posting here.
But unfortunately, most of mine include a bikini or board shorts since I live in Hawaii.
Consequently, they don't really look like traditional street images.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I wish to contribute a few of my street photos so Vivek isn't the only one posting here.
But unfortunately, most of mine include a bikini or board shorts since I live in Hawaii.
the thread is RX-1R II not cold Northern European low contrast street photography...

Bring them on ... Vivek needs to see the sun! :ROTFL:

Just kidding ... maybe.

Bob

dandrewk

I am dying to go out and take some more images with the RX, but the weather has been uncooperative - cold, rainy, gloomy, and little hope for change anytime soon. I feel like humming that song from the "Annie". ;)

Fort Baker, CA. This is a decommissioned fort now used mostly for office/studio space. The buildings in front are now a luxury hotel with outstanding views of San Francisco.

This shot gave me nightmares with color timing. I used a 10 stop Hoya filter for the timed exposure, and even the best of these filters add a color cast. The color of the bay is always challenging to get right, then we have the warm color of the buildings. Overhead, the very low overcast clouds -should- be neutral gray, but they are close enough to pick up light reflected from the ground. Removing that color cast is a challenge.

I've recently discovered Sony's "smooth reflections" app can be very effective in blending multiple images in-camera into a single RAW image, duplicating the effect of a long, timed exposure. I could have done this image with a 3 stop ND filter. I'll try it next time.

V

Vivek

By all means, Joe. :)

docmoore is dying. :ROTFL:

The first drag

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague

V

Vivek

I have overlooked that reference, Chad. I now have enough batteries (7 total) and a few chargers to keep me going. I have had a battery last from 50 shots to ~200, depending on the weather. It is what it is. It can be easily overlooked considering all the positives it has.

Once Robert's grip arrives, it is going to perfect! :)